• Show
Clear All
  • ragswl4
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Winchester, Ca
    • C-Man 22114

Pics of A few rooms

Pardon the mess in the photos we are still hard at it getting ready for the next inspection (last one before the final) on Sept 1st. By tomorrow we will be ready to start the tape and mud process on the whole house. As novice home builders we have suffered mostly from plumbing changes as the house has progressed. Latest change was plumbing for a sink in the laundry room so we could easily give the dog a bath. A good idea that turned into a whole lot of work.

1st row left pic is from the dining room into the kitchen and sun room. Second pic 1st row is right side of kitchen and doorways into laundry room and pantry. 2nd row pics are of the sunroom and the fireplace and chase in the great room. (chase was finished yesterday). Ceiling in the great room will be finished with T&G pine or cedar.
    Attached Files
    RAGS
    Raggy and Me in San Felipe
    sigpic
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

I love the look of all the exposed beams.
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Your place is really shaping up...looks great. Good luck with the inspections.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Looking good, and it sounds like your having fun too.

If you haven't seen it yet you should check out Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

Bill

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

It looks like you'll have a real nice place when you're finished. Congrats on all the hard work.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

Very nice. I too love the exposed beams. I don't envy you all the mudding and taping that you have to do. I do it but don't enjoy it all that much.
            David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by ragswl4
              Latest change was plumbing for a sink in the laundry room so we could easily give the dog a bath. A good idea that turned into a whole lot of work.
              Most bright ideas when into any project end up being a whole lot more work.

Looking good!
              Are you going to do much trim work? You doing bullnosed corners on the sheetrock? I can't really tell from the photographs.
              Erik

Comment

• ragswl4
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Winchester, Ca
                • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by pelligrini
                Most bright ideas when into any project end up being a whole lot more work.

Looking good!
                Are you going to do much trim work? You doing bullnosed corners on the sheetrock? I can't really tell from the photographs.
                All corners will be bullnose at this point, things have a way of changing as time goes by. Also the idea is/was/might be to trim out all the windows and doors in wood. With the number of windows and doors I'm not sure I will live long enough to complete that project. We are waiting on that to see what it looks like after the floors (wood), ceiling (wood) and staircase are all completed. Wood trim on the windows and doors may overwhelm us. Time will tell.
                RAGS
                Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                sigpic

Comment

Working...