• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAABologist
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2021
    • Texas
    • Ryobi BT3000

Simple fabrication of rip fence Plate (part #11 on schematic). Fixes clamping

My fence handle would go all the way down and then was not great. It would not engage the rod to clamp the rear of the fence. Here is my solution:

- The Plate was broken and missing.
    - I inserted a piece of sturdy plastic from the rod to the Clamper.
    - Another piece of the same plastic holds it in place. It is not very tight but it doesn't fall out because of the pressure from the Rod and the horizontal piece that is attached with the two screws.

The plastic is from a roll of plastic I had laying around. It is about 3mm thick and pretty stiff. Almost any relatively thick plastic that is pretty stiff would work.

This makes everything work as it should. The fence now clamps tight front and rear and the handle is tight at the level of the rail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6325.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	844572

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6327.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	844571
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SAABologist; 06-30-2021, 08:34 PM.
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

Thanks for the pictures! I am happy you solved your issue. Please add some description. Material type and thickness. What exactly holds the vertical piece in place? My hope is that first this works for you long term and secondly another user can follow your lead and fix their saw as you fixed yours. You'll be famous. Just like NorminFujino (Havens) fro his shim supports.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• nicer20
      Established Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Dublin, CA
      • BT3100

Yes just as Black walnut said this will help many. In fact if you can make a nice writeup with drawings and details, it can become a permanent blog/article. Thanks.

Comment

• SAABologist
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2021
        • Texas
        • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks, there really is not much else to say. I would be happy to write a longer explanation but it seem clear if someone is trying to repair the Plate of the BT3000 fence. Cheers!

Comment

Working...