• LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

12" 80T Avanti Pro saw blades on sale at Home Depot

Avanti 12" 80T saw blades, 2- pack
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Avanti-P...80PP/202519463

It doesn't say but appears to my eye to have a slight negative hook (5 degrees) making it proper for use on Miter saws; it also says pictorially on the package for miter and sliding miter saws Says thin kerf.

In the Main aisle display near customer service desk at the HD here.

Saw these and bought the 2-pack being sold for $34.97.
    Figured it was going to be cheaper to use these than sharpen the 96T CMT blade I bought at Lowes a few years ago for $14. (all for the Hitachi 12" miter saw).
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 12-06-2017, 07:53 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Those are the blades mentioned in a previous post. When HD put fhese blades out on display I picked up a couple of packs and noticed that were there also several packs with a 40 tooth blade and an 80 tooth blade set unlike the 2 blade 80 pack. I asked a sales clerk about it and he said that he thought it was some of their older stock off the shelf that they had mixed in to get rid of it with the Christmas stuff. I started to buy a couple of the different blade packs but figured I’d just get hung up at the cash register when they wouldn’t scan the $19 price. Since then I’ve stopped and looked for some of the mixed packs and couldn’t find them. BUT....... I did find that Lowes has 3 blade packs of 40-60-80 tooth for $29, so that willl give a better mix of blades. At $10 a blade that’s about as good as you can find. They are all probably made in the same factory in Taiwan anyway.
    capncarl

Comment

• LCHIEN
      LCHIEN commented
      Editing a comment
      were those the 12" blades? I didn't see any mention of blade dia. in either of your posts.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

i noticed that Lowes had the 3 pack of hitachi blades for $26. The display I saw was for 10” blades, but I imagine they have 12” 3 packs just like Home Depot has their 2 packs in both sizes. Slightly more for the larger blade though.

Comment

Working...