X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fgarvin
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2009

GRACO HV2900 HVLP Refubished $35 @ Ebay Daily Special - Shipped today only

I purchased one of these refurbed from Gleem last year, pretty good unit. I only use it to spray Shellac or EM6000, and does a pretty good job. I paid $49 plus shipping from Gleem and thought that was a deal. I might get another one just for the extra gun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRACO-HV2900...ystem-Painter-
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

I was curious about these. Has anyone done biz with the distributor listed, I have read good and bad about them and wanted a 1st hand exerience if I could find one. I'm looking at purchasing a Husky Chainsaw from them and might throw this in to boot if its a true refurb vs a returned item repackaged.

Comment

• frmboybuck
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by tommyt654
      I was curious about these. Has anyone done biz with the distributor listed, I have read good and bad about them and wanted a 1st hand exerience if I could find one. I'm looking at purchasing a Husky Chainsaw from them and might throw this in to boot if its a true refurb vs a returned item repackaged.
      99.8% positive feedback on half a MILLION transactions is pretty stellar. You won't much better people to do business with than that
      Last edited by frmboybuck; 05-21-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• johnk
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2009

Nice find!

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

I like the gun and the idea of having a separate unit in the shop to spray other than latex paints, which the current gun has seen so much of... only thing that worries me is how many refurbished models I see for sale, amazon, tyler tools, etc. Fgarvin, how many hours have you logged on your unit?
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• fgarvin
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2009

I only have about 20 Hours on mine. I just checked, I purchased it refurb from Gleem back on 3/29/2011.

I wonder if they are all really refurbs. The 2900 was a Lowes model, so I wonder if some of these are just returns from when Lowes stopped carrying Graco the physical stores stopped carrying this model.

Originally posted by chopnhack
            I like the gun and the idea of having a separate unit in the shop to spray other than latex paints, which the current gun has seen so much of... only thing that worries me is how many refurbished models I see for sale, amazon, tyler tools, etc. Fgarvin, how many hours have you logged on your unit?
            Last edited by fgarvin; 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

That's a good point. Some of these may just be store stock that was pushed back for alternate distribution.

I bought one of these many years ago:

And it has worked really well. I only bought it because I already had a compressor and needed something to spray lots of latex with, I figured it had more umpf to get the job done.
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

When I checked yesterday, the link had a $50 price, but I just checked again and it says $35. For that price, definitely worth the try. My brother has an HVLP unit, and it's been very helpful!

Comment

• duncsuss
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                  When I checked yesterday, the link had a $50 price, but I just checked again and it says $35. For that price, definitely worth the try.
                  Ditto ... I've ordered one, hope it works for applying finishes (polyurethane, etc) as well as paint.

Thanks fgarvin

Comment

• dsinger
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2007

Thanks for the post. I have had good luck with the Rockler Unit that I bought years ago for 99 dollars. This unit looks more versatile and will be a nice replaceent at 35 dollars.

Comment

• frmboybuck
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2012

I bought one on Monday and out was on my door step yesterday. The turbine unit was definitely used as it had paint on it but the actual spray gun was sealed on a bag and appeared to be brand new. Going to be using out today or tomorrow to shoot some poly so we will see how it works.

Comment

• ironhat
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2004
                        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Back up to $60 and only 4 left.

EDIT: Something is goofy. Just 5 minutes later the price is back down to $40 and there are more than ten left. I guess that if the numbers aren't correct to just wait and then, recheck. Sorry for the scare.
                        Last edited by ironhat; 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM. Reason: Corrected onfo
                        Blessings,
                        Chiz

Comment

• fgarvin
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Oct 2009

They have multiple listings for this with prices all over the place. So it is best to just click "view sellers other listings" and search for 2900 to get the price of the day.

To recap, they ran a promotion for $35 when I first posted. After 24 hours, it shot up to $54.99. Then the next day, back down to $35 for about a day. Now it seems to have settled on $39.99.

Originally posted by ironhat
                          Back up to $60 and only 4 left.

EDIT: Something is goofy. Just 5 minutes later the price is back down to $40 and there are more than ten left. I guess that if the numbers aren't correct to just wait and then, recheck. Sorry for the scare.

Comment

• pecker
                            Established Member
                            • Jun 2003

Mine arrived today.
                            It was missing the needle removal tool, which will make it hard to clean.
                            Also the manual says there is a viscosity cup, which I did not receive.

The seller sent an email stating to call them if unsatisfied. I may try to get the missing parts thru them after the holiday. I want to make sure it works at all first.

Comment

• duncsuss
                              Established Member
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by pecker
                              Mine arrived today.
                              It was missing the needle removal tool, which will make it hard to clean.
                              Also the manual says there is a viscosity cup, which I did not receive.
                              That's not good ... hope they sort it out quickly for you.

Mine also arrived today, with all parts present and correct. I powered on the blower unit just to check it worked, maybe tomorrow I'll get ambitious and put some paint or polyurethane through it.

Comment

Working...