Hoping my Hitachi jigsaw is a bargain...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagan
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • bloomington, IN
    • rigid r4512

Hoping my Hitachi jigsaw is a bargain...

Menards is closing out their Hitachi CJ110 jigsaws for 69.99. Reviews I've seen on it are positive - generally. Anyone here have any experience with this thing?

They also have close outs on a Bosch jigsaw for 75.99 but the reviews I saw on that were poor.

Course, I'd rather find myself a nice Ridgid bandsaw for the same price...
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Which Bosch jig saw gets bad reviews?
    I do not know much about Hitachi but I know about only 2 models of Bosch and both are good. A somewhat older version is 1587, 1590 is newer and usually more expensive. For $75 I would say either is a good purchase. I have a 1587 in Craftsman clothing and happy with it.
    To be honest with only $5 difference between Hitachi and Bosch I would have chosen the latter.
    Alex V

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by vaking
      Which Bosch jig saw gets bad reviews?
      I do not know much about Hitachi but I know about only 2 models of Bosch and both are good. A somewhat older version is 1587, 1590 is newer and usually more expensive. For $75 I would say either is a good purchase. I have a 1587 in Craftsman clothing and happy with it.
      To be honest with only $5 difference between Hitachi and Bosch I would have chosen the latter.
      What he said.

$75 for either 1587 or 1590 is a steal. I have used that Ridgid, and you cannot pay me to swap my 1587 for it.
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• Eagan
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006
        • bloomington, IN
        • rigid r4512

Bosch model JS260

The Bosch model was JS260. The only reviews I found on it where from Amazon where it had earned 1 star. It still might be a good buy; CPO wants 90 bucks for a reconditioned model.

The Makita had 4 stars on Amazon and some very nice reviews available.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Looks like a chinese made Bosch lower grade jigsaw, pretty common for a lot of manufacturers to put out a lower grade jigsaw nowadays and looks like Bosch has done the same. All of the lower priced models are junk compared to the newer Bosch version IMO.

Comment

Working...