Clear All
  • billybard
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2011
    • Grass Valley, CA
    • Ryobi BT3000

Need old Ryobi parts??

HI there guys and gals:

This is not exactly a Bargain Alert, but it is letting you know of a source for old Ryobi parts that no one else seems to have.

I have an old RS-112 Random Orbit Sander that has seen a LOT of use--and the sand paper discs would no longer stick to the backing plate (now flying across the room almost as soon as I tried to put it on the sander).

I tried the internet and found that all the sources that I cold find gave me the sameII answer--usually "discontinued and no longer available."

I looked at the newer RS-290l but found that is was heavy and not at all balanced well--I much preferred my old RS-112 (without dust collection), since it was so easy to handle and to use.

To say the least, I was very discouraged!

Then my feeble brain remembered a fellow on Ebay (from whom I had bought some Ryobi parts in the past).

I sent him an email with the Ryobi part number for the RS-112 backing plate--expecting the same answer as I had received from the others.

Imagine my surprise (and big smile) when I received a return email from him saying the the mid-west distribution center still had 240 of them in stock!!

The price isn't cheap, but the part is still available (if you know who contact).

For all you Ryobi fans out there who might need some old parts (maybe even for a trusty BT3000), here is the email address of the source that "saved my bacon:"

jcherryai@hot mail.com

Sure hope Jim is able to help some of you find the old, discontinued Ryobi parts that you might need.

Cheers,
    s/Mike
Working...