X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeuceLee
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2008

SonicCrafter knock off at Menards $20 after MIR

someone posted this a couple months ago but it's back, $20 after MIR, that's cheaper then the 7 piece accessories kit itself...

some people said it's better then HF's cheapie $40 model...
  • samuel
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2010

Do you have a link, by MIR, you are saying Manufacture instant rebate? I needsome blades for my sonocrafter, this would be cheaper than a couple of blades. Has anyone used this tool?

Are HF blades any good? Thanks

Comment

• duncsuss
      Established Member
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by samuel
      ... by MIR, you are saying Manufacture instant rebate?
      Maybe that's what DeuceLee meant, but I interpret it as "mail in rebate" (about as far from "instant" as you can get and still call it a rebate )

Comment

• parnelli
        • Aug 2004
        • bt3100

Definitely mail in rebate. Menards rebates are in-store credit, so the rebate will not be cash, but a paper Menards gift card/store credit.

Here's the item:
        http://menards.inserts2online.com/rs...31968/20453368

I liked the HF one speed better than the Menards one speed, but haven't ever checked out this variable one.

EDIT: The link has broken twice- so here's their ad picture
        http://menards.inserts2online.com/Me.../b694657_9.jpg
        Last edited by parnelli; 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• samuel
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2010

Thanks for the link. The store rebate will not work for me. Thanks for the HF comparison, probably that the best way to go.

Comment

• fbrend123
            Established Member
            • Aug 2006
            • Michigan
            • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by samuel
            Do you have a link, by MIR, you are saying Manufacture instant rebate? I needsome blades for my sonocrafter, this would be cheaper than a couple of blades. Has anyone used this tool?

Are HF blades any good? Thanks
            The HF blades don't fit the Menards unit. The hole pattern is different.

Comment

• Dolsie
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by fbrend123
              The HF blades don't fit the Menards unit. The hole pattern is different.
              Does this mean most other manufacturer's blades wont't fit either? Are the Ferin/Rockwell/HF units all pretty standard on the hole pattern?

Comment

• fbrend123
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • Michigan
                • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Dolsie
                Does this mean most other manufacturer's blades wont't fit either? Are the Ferin/Rockwell/HF units all pretty standard on the hole pattern?
                I don't know. The Menards and HF units look very much the same except for the color. My son dulled the blades of his HF unit, and HF had sold out of blades. He went to Menards to see if thay had blades and found their unit on sale, so he bought it. We tried interchanging the blades, and found that they were incompatable.

Comment

• DeuceLee
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2008

yeah i meant main in rebate...but since i used $20 in store credit from previous MIR, this meant I really only spent $20 out of pocket...$20 coming again in the mail

meanards is pretty crazy with these tools, iirc they got like 4 different kinds now, including their own masterforce one...

i already have the single speed sonicrafter lol, but for $20, that's less then the cost of these accessories...and this one's variable speed just in case i need to go slower...

my buds/co-workers have certified me as a bargain tool nut...
                  Last edited by DeuceLee; 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• parnelli
                    • Aug 2004
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by Dolsie
                    I was going to stop by both Menards and HF tomorrow- I'll check this out and report back.

Comment

Working...