• Jun 2006

Possible bargain for those who have a Menards nearby and don't mind rebates

If you haven't seen these already.
    Attached Files
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Note that the rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check so Menards will end up with your money one way or the other. Nothing wrong with that, just sneaky on their part.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That's the way they have been running their rebate promotions for years. Not really sneaky if one pays attention when shopping. The first time I bought something that qualified for a rebate I didn't pay attention and was a little miffed when I got the merchandise credit check but that was my fault. I actually kinda like them now as I save them up and use them to treat myself about once a year to a more expensive item than I would normally buy.

Comment

• natausch
        Established Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Aurora, IL
        • BT3000 - 15A

Reasons to shop at Menards

1. Need Beef Jerky, 6' of black iron pipe, milk, a new handsaw and a remote control truck for your nephew
        2. Their corporate hiring practice requires at least 1/4 of the floor staff to be absurdly cute
        3. They "don't" take the Lowes 10% coupon, especially not if you talk to them the right way
        4. Blowout sales on Jorgenson Clamps
        5. Christmas decorations are already sold out, in early October
        6. It may be excessive, but individually wrapped maple, oak, walnut and cherry boards on sale

Comment

• Dutchman46
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2006
          • Holland Michigan
          • BT3000

The worst thing about menards is there not helping handy cappers into the store. I tried to use one of those wheel chairs eith the big basket, and come very close to going headfirst on the floor! My Wife pushed Me. The carpet runs are raised above the fooot to much. I got no help from the headquarters. I no longer can go there!

Comment

• Dolsie
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2006

I assume the performax tool pales in comparison to the Fein, but how does it compare to the HF version? It's a hair cheaper and menards is a lot closer... but I know many people have had decent luck with HF.

Comment

• sweensdv
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • WI
              • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

No idea how the Performax compares with the HF version quality wise but the Performax is quite a bit cheaper than the HF version. The advertised Performax is a variable speed model and the HF variable speed model goes for over $40 even after a 20% off coupon is used.

Comment

• MBG
                • Apr 2003
                • Chicago, Illinois.
                • Craftsman 21829

Picked one up on the way home from work. I already have a Fein and the HF. I've been cutting a lot of drywall so I bought the HF. It's build quality is much better than the HF, it runs much smoother, cuts as well as the HF, quieter than the HF, and it's variable speed. If you get a chance to pick one up it's a winner (my son will be getting my HF as a free gift soon)

Comment

Working...