Craftsman 10 " bandsaw $99 model 21400

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pacwind3
    replied
    Well, I had my eye on the 12" version of this saw, but after staring at the $200 price difference, I decided I could live with the 10". I never do any resawing anyway.
    I bought the 10" last week. I am very happy with it. I do wish the handle on the fence were larger and differently shaped. It's almost sharp when you are trying to lock it down. I'll probably upgrade the fence down the road anyway. Love the saw though and I got it on the latest sale at $149.

    Leave a comment:


  • SCBob
    replied
    Online Coupon

    Got this in my mail box today.

    "Here's a coupon you can use at Sears.com. It's our way of saying thanks for shopping with us.

    Good for $5 off your next purchase of $50 or more online. Just enter SWELCOME1258 at check out to apply coupon. Act now, offer expires September 27, 2008."

    Leave a comment:


  • dkerfoot
    replied
    Sale - $139 total

    Back on sale for $149 (seems to be the NEW low sales price) plus an extra $10 off for online orders. Pick-up at local store for free.

    Leave a comment:


  • dkerfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by just started
    Am I missing something here? I just looked at this saw on the Sears website and it's listed @ $180.
    Yeah, you missed last year's sale. This is a year old thread that got picked back up.

    last week the bandsaw was at $140. Probably a good idea to keep an eye on Craftsman Club sales.

    Leave a comment:


  • just started
    replied
    Am I missing something here? I just looked at this saw on the Sears website and it's listed @ $180.

    Leave a comment:


  • eliasbboy
    replied
    Absolutely it was helpful! I'm glad I can thank you personally. I bought the saw without ANY band saw experience, and your article easily explained everything and helped me adjust it perfectly. It has made it much easier for me to chose to use the band saw, and not stress about the results. Thanks so much for the time and trouble!

    Leave a comment:


  • DurocShark
    replied
    I was wondering where the big spike of visits came from. Didn't realize it was on sale again.

    I'm glad ya'll found it useful. It's imperfect, at best. But I love the saw.

    Leave a comment:


  • Red88chevy
    replied
    Thanks Elias, very imformative site!

    Leave a comment:


  • eliasbboy
    replied
    Here is a link to a blog that spells out in great detail how to tune this saw. Anyone that has this saw may find this helpful. I followed the info and have to saw it GREATLY improved the performance and my knowledge of the saw as well!

    http://woodscrub.blogspot.com/2008/0...-band-saw.html

    Leave a comment:


  • massanutten
    replied
    I bought this BS last year on the recommendations of this forum and been very pleased with it. If you are thinking about getting into a BS, you can't beat the price - squeeze the trigger on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • calec
    replied
    Spare parts?

    Hi, Anyone tried to buy a spare drive belt etc. for the Craftsman 21400?

    Can't get anywhere trying to buy from Craftsman?

    (By the way I love my 21400 and cut lots of plastic, occasional light aluminum with it.)
    Cal

    Leave a comment:


  • Dale In Corona
    replied
    I'll be setting mine up this weekend and will add feedback when I am done.

    Leave a comment:


  • IBBugsy
    replied
    Originally posted by ExYankee
    But I have some problem the saw makes a real racket when it runs, like the blade is dragging I loosened the guides, took out the insert and its still there. I didn’t have the time to remove the blade and start a motor-outward diagnostic. Did anyone else have this problem?

    Can one of you owners please tell me about tensioning the blade? The manual says there is a gage but I cannot see it. I will do the flutter method if I can’t find it.
    Got mine yesterday. Nice and quiet so I don't have that problem.

    On the tensioning, I didn't notice a gage but I didn't look for one either. I'll try to remember to look tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stormbringer
    replied
    Originally posted by Fubar411
    Shoot. Missed out on this one. Any recommendations now that this is $159?

    Thanks!
    Wait for it to go back on sale

    This isn't the first time it's been $99 and probably not the last. Really depends on how soon you need one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fubar411
    replied
    Shoot. Missed out on this one. Any recommendations now that this is $159?

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:

Working...