A rapid change in weather almost got us into serious trouble. More Houston flooding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

A rapid change in weather almost got us into serious trouble. More Houston flooding!

So yesterday we were on our way to a dance recital for one of our relatives in Southwest Houston. It was raining, but nothing too harsh when conditions changed, we literally turned under the freeway overpass and suddenly needed the wipers on high, and when we went around what looked like a traffic accident in a cut through, we found out quickly that the roads weren't just dealing with puddles, but some up to the curb flooding. Anyway, I decided to put some music to the dash cam video (you don't need to hear our conversation) Notice at time index 2:52, the car lurches up and down like I ran over something submerged in the water.

What's not readily apparent in the video is there were several spots where we could see the water "boiling" in the other lane, just bubbling to the top in a circle that looked like it was likely a man hole cover that had been blown off in at least 2 places...

This got really ugly really fast, and was likely to get much uglier, I turned around where I felt safest to do so, but must admit, the city or state highway department should have had roads like this blocked off. This is how people get killed in floods!

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...