This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwyneth
    replied
    There's no such thing here as a gift that's too small! Two bucks buys one of the windshield wipers; five bucks probably covers the steering wheel; ten bucks for a door latching assembly; $25 does one of the seats; and so on.

My gift is earmarked for the front passenger or driver's seat, whichever Adele will be using.
    Last edited by gwyneth; 10-20-2007, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cabinetman
    replied
    I'm happy to help out. I know about hard times.

Leave a comment:

• smc331
    replied
    Count me in!

PayPal sent - $25.00 - I just wish I had more at the moment. Family looks out for family - 'nuff said. I'll do more later...

Leave a comment:

• gwyneth
    replied
    Originally posted by Adele
    I am pretty much speechless (and for those of you that know me that is really saying something). Others have said this forum is like family and I have always agreed that there is no other place on the web where you would find a better group of people.

Sam has been gone all day with both our sons at a cub scouting event. He returned about 7:30 and as usual got on the computer to check out his email and check on the forum. He shortly thereafter told me to come here and told me about this post. I still haven’t stopped crying. We are both touched beyond words.
    Adele, I'm pretty sure that if somebody here asked you two, "if my car broke down near Midway, uh, could you help and give me dinner?" you'd feel shocked that there was even the faintest doubt.

This is the same thing, but through the electrons. There will always be help for those who help others.

Leave a comment:

• Adele
    replied
    I am pretty much speechless (and for those of you that know me that is really saying something). Others have said this forum is like family and I have always agreed that there is no other place on the web where you would find a better group of people.

Sam has been gone all day with both our sons at a cub scouting event. He returned about 7:30 and as usual got on the computer to check out his email and check on the forum. He shortly thereafter told me to come here and told me about this post. I still haven’t stopped crying. We are both touched beyond words.

Leave a comment:

• Otter
    replied
    another 50 in the kitty

Keep looking up....we got your back!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sam Conder
    replied
    I am hoping to be able to reply to this thread soon. I can't seem to find the words just yet...

Leave a comment:

• cgallery
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
    I agree on this one with gwyneth, I feel that we don't have to stop at the goal set. I feel that any kind of help with the car and the extra can go to help out with other costs.
    I agree too, just don't want to come up short!

BTW, I'm seeing $300 in commitments so far.
    Last edited by cgallery; 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gwyneth
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
    I agree on this one with gwyneth, I feel that we don't have to stop at the goal set. I feel that any kind of help with the car and the extra can go to help out with other costs.
    Melissa said this so well that I just wanted to add two thoughts about keeping the goal vague and maybe not tracking everything publicly.

"Any" literally does mean any. Five or ten bucks may represent more from somebody than a couple of hundred from somebody else. Yet each might be embarrassed to record those amounts publicly (small or large).

And it's more thoughtful to the contributors in another way, as well. Somebody may get paid after a "goal" is reached and then feel as if his/her contribution wasn't wanted.

To me, contributing to this is not really a finite, tangible form of assistance to Sam and Adele. It's being part of a community that helps its members in a wide variety of ways. IMO, putting even a dollar or two in an envelope and sending it in would not be a "token gift", but a meaningful effort.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. Wallnut
    replied
    Originally posted by gwyneth
    I don't think we should worry about going over (there are always plates and gas, etc.)--maybe keep track only to let people know if it comes out under.

Leave a comment:

• gwyneth
    replied
    Originally posted by cgallery
    Not sure how this is gonna work because people have to sorta know how far along we are.

So I just sent $25 via PayPal. If other contributors wanna say how much they've sent, we can kinda track our progress.
    I don't think we should worry about going over (there are always plates and gas, etc.)--maybe keep track only to let people know if it comes out under.

Leave a comment:

• RodKirby
    replied
    50 from Oz - hang in there guys.

Leave a comment:

• Whaler
    replied
    A $50.00 check is in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• gwyneth
    replied
    25 check sent--not worrying about cars is just as important to running forum as the computer stuff!

Leave a comment:

• siliconbauhaus
    replied
    50 from my family and me via paypal

Leave a comment:

Working...