X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • penncove
    Handtools only
    • Sep 2008

BT3000 Holder vs. BT3000 Motor Bracket

I ordered a replacement aluminum motor bracket (labeled "holder" in my BT3000 Operating Manual) from toolbarn.com based on the BT3000 parts diagram on their website. The part I received was not the same as shown in my Operating Manual. In checking other part supplier websites and comparing their motor diagrams with those in my Operating Manual it is obvious my motor is not the same as those shown in diagrams with part numbers.
    Only on the Sears website is the correct motor part shown (identified as Holder, part # 969213-001), but it is no longer available.

I have attached several photos of the two brackets.

Does anyone know what the part number is for my motor or the holder?

My BT3000 was built in the 16th week of 1996 if that means anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3000Holder1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	797083
    In this photo my bracket is on the left and the replacement (Part #4800031) I received is on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3000Holder2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	797084
    Here my bracket is on the right.
  • Brian G
    • Jun 2003
    • Bloomington, Minnesota.
    • G0899

The part that you received is the motor bracket for the BT3100. The motor brackets are not interchangeable between the BT3000 and the BT3100

There was a period of time where those of us with a BT3100 that suffered from the dreaded motor bracket thread strip were resigned to using the helicoil fix in order to get back in business. This was because there were no replacement motor brackets sold separate from the motor, and the BT3000 motor brackets were not the same.

As time went by, motor brackets for the BT3100 became available through parts sellers (I use m-and-d.com with success and satisfaction). Now that a motor bracket for a BT3100 is available for about $26.00, it's much cheaper and easier to replace the motor bracket than to use the helicoil fix. That opinion is based on the experience of having done both.

None of that helps you much, though.

I checked m-and-d.com for part 4800031, and they have it described as the Motor Bracket BT3000SXI.

Unfortunately, it's also the same part number and result for a BT3100.

Perhaps calling a parts supplier and explaining the problem, and verifying what the part should look like (email a picture?) is the only way you can be sure you will get what you need. I speculate that most of the parts retailers have parts for the BT3100 and that stock for the BT3000 has run out.

Keep your eyes open to craigslist in your area; you may find a complete saw for a reasonable price. Of course, the helicoil fix is an option, as is solicitation in the "Member Classifieds" of this forum.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by Brian G; 09-11-2010, 08:03 AM.
    Brian

Comment

Working...