Web site / domain updates coming. All members please read. Action required!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Web site / domain updates coming. All members please read. Action required!

As part of the long term rebranding and upgrade efforts, we are finally, and fully rolling out the name of www.sawdustzone.org as the primary domain name for the existing site and forum.

What is taking place? Domain name change from primary domain of www.bt3central.com, to www.sawdustzone.org. The additional names of www.sawdustzone.com, and www.bt3central.com will be set as automatic redirects to the new name.

Why are we doing this? With the discontinuation of the Craftsman 21829, the end of the production line for the Ryobi BT3x00 table saw and its derivatives ended. The focus of the site membership moved from information sharing on this special saw, to a more comprehensive educational, and knowledge sharing focus in the overall field of Woodworking, and related disciplines. The SawDustZone name, and logo were proposed, and selected by the membership. The official name / URL change will insure the ongoing purpose and work of the membership here continues regardless of the production status, or our present favorite piece of equipment.

When is this taking place? We will begin work on 8/8/2015 at 8:00 P.M. CST. A notification will be posted to this site once the updates are complete and verification is done. Domain name changes made within the Domain Name Service can take up to 48 hours to take effect. In the interim, users pointing to the URL presently going to development, have a high likelihood of ending up in the development environment. A host entry change will also be made to reflect the devel site from the production.

How will this impact users? Once completed, the domains names of www.bt3central.com, and www.sawdustzone.com will be automatic redirects to www.sawdustzone.org. Attempts to access the site from any existing links that are not www.sawdustzone.org domain links will result in a redirect to the login page at www.sawdustzone.org. Depending on your configuration, browser etc.. your login session may become invalid.

What should users do upon this change? Update any bookmarks / favorites to reflect the new domain name, clear your browser cache. The procedure varies depending on your browser. Google "clearing browser cache in (Insert the name of your browser here)" to find directions on how to clear your cache.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this process brings to any of the members, and appreciate beyond words your continued support, and patience with the updates. You, the sawdustzone community, and the passion for woodworking, are why we do this. We look forward to many more years as a community and eagerly look forward to all the great work, and shared knowledge that you all are so good at!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I hope something can be done about the login sequence.

I tried going through "The SawDustZone" a while back but it would not "remember" me then, and it doesn't now either. If close my browser (Safari, up to date) I have to log in again if I go through the SDZ.

What do I need to do or what can be done about this?

Thanks,
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Well, it is working now!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Yeah, the issue is the multi domain thing... Since the main domain is going to be sawdustzone.org, you will be redirected if you try to go to say bt3central.com or sawdustzone.com to the sawdustzone.org main page...

All should be good, and we will test as thoroughly as possible before we call it good and let everyone back into the playground as it were...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
          • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

If you are one of the current TapaTalk users, you will also need to subscribe to SawdustZone.org in the app on your device.
          Chr's

Comment

Working...