X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailor55330
    Established Member
    • Jan 2010

I think you could see more traffic with the domain "sawdustzone" vs BT3central. The new name seems more broadly appealing to anyone who might be involved in woodworking or construction whereas the old name might have created more of a niche market.

Just a thought.

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

That was our thoughts as well.
      That said, the Forum that started it all will still be searchable and a database that has been around for 10 years with tons of info.
      BT3 is the legacy and we will always make that apparent. In the header or the slogan as well as keeping all the BT3 related articles.
      How that is done will be decided by the members when we unvail the two contests. One would be a graphics challenge to come up with a logo.
      The other wouldn't necessarly be graphics related, but would be a challenge to come up with a way to keep the BT3 legacy as part of the header while Saw Dust Zone becomes the site name or brand.

There will be appearance changes that are obvious when they happen, but for all intents and purposes, the same forum database. Changes in moderators are happening as well and will be announced later.
      Just hang onto your hats, and we'll seep out new info as it happens.
      Lee

Comment

• Dal300
        Banned
        • Aug 2011
        • East Central Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

For those that don't know about TLD's and domains and servers and such, two domain names can share the same website.
        Either or or both can even be pointed to a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 5000th with no problem.

That way a search engine like Google or MSN (Bing) or Yahoo can pick up searches for either preference.

When I build a website for a client I recommend that they buy both the .com and .net tld. This covers them if they happen to tick off a competitor who could buy the opposing tld and have a lot of traffic sent their way, just by a search engine that doesn't differentiate.

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

I'll through my hat in the ring, Lee. I am not graphics designer but a thought of how to incorporate the legacy of the bt3 came to mind... Painting the line red!
          Perhaps the logo can have a thin red line leading up to a saw blade. Maybe those that are more savvy with photoshop, etc. can produce something of that nature. I think that it's a neat way to maintain a portion of the bt3 culture without it being too obvious or intrusive. My 2 cents.
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...