Clear All
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Fund Drive 2010

Wow, has it been a year already?

If your remember last year, I started the annual Fund Drive in October per the request of a few members. That has altered our fiscal year, so it's once again that time! Veterans will notice that the goal has increased this year. Yup, inflation has hit BT3Central. Not only has the server lease increased, but so has my broadband. Also, this year the maintainence is due on the e-mail server software (I pay it 3 years at a time).

A big (and much welcome) change this year: I have changed the "donation thermometer" at the top of the page to be a "dynamic" one that will automatically update as soon as a new donation is made via PayPal. I will still have to manually increase it for those dontaions that come in by check, but that is pretty minimal. It is pretty much impossible to test the new donation bar until donations start coming in, but I am very confident I have dotted all my t's and crossed all my i's in the programming.

For those members not familiar with the annual fund drive, here is some information regarding it:

This forum contains news and information regarding the BT3Central.com web site. Items like new articles, tool reviews, jig plans, etc. will be posted here.

As far as purchasing a subscription before yours expires, what you purchase now will just "tack on" to the end of your current subscription. To view the subscription options, visit:

As always, BT3Central, its staff and its members thank you for keeping it "on the air".
    Last edited by Sam Conder; 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

Just sent my payment through PayPal. Just to test the thermometer.

Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

Woohoo, it works! Thanks Steve!
      Last edited by Sam Conder; 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM.
      Sam Conder

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• gad5264
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Columbus, Ohio, USA
        • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Payment sent Sam, I love it here and wouldn't know what to do with myself if it went away.
        Grant
        "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• BobSch
          • Aug 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

Updated my monthly subscription.
          Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Can I renew early?
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Sam Conder
              Woodworker Once More
              • Dec 2002
              • Midway, KY
              • Delta 36-725T2

Originally posted by dbhost
              Can I renew early?
              The short answer is "yes".

The long aswer is that your current subscription will continue for the remainder of its term. Your "new" subscription will remain in effect for one calendar year from the date it is started so...

Let's say you have a Bronze Subscription that you started on January 1st, 2008 and then you "renew early" today. The net result is that you would have two Bronze Subscriptions from now until January 1st, 2009 and then you would only have one Bronze subscrition from January 1st, 2009 until September 29th, 2010.

Clear as mud?
              Sam Conder

Comment

• Sam Conder
                Woodworker Once More
                • Dec 2002
                • Midway, KY
                • Delta 36-725T2

I'm getting a few e-mails from members asking when their current subscriptions expire and if there is anyway to get notified when theirs expires.

To view the details about your Paid Subscription, just use the "Paid Subscriptions" link in your User CP. Here is a direct link:

If you currently have an active Paid Subscription, it will be listed at the top of the page and will have the start and end dates listed.

I am currently looking into a way to notify users when their subscriptions are about to expire.

Thanks for all the support,
                Sam Conder

Comment

• pelligrini
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Fort Worth, TX
                  • Craftsman 21829

How did we do on the 2009 Fundraiser? There were a few questions a short while ago. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=46804

Thank you very much for your work on this site.
                  Erik

Comment

• Sam Conder
                    Woodworker Once More
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Midway, KY
                    • Delta 36-725T2

Originally posted by pelligrini
                    How did we do on the 2009 Fundraiser? There were a few questions a short while ago. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=46804

Thank you very much for your work on this site.
                    Last year went REAL well. I thought that with the financial climate and all that the fund drive would be tough, but we ended up with a little over $3,800.
                    Sam Conder

Comment

Working...