• Show
Clear All
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

vBulletin 3.8.0 on the horizon

Jelsoft is set to release vBulletin 3.8.0 on Thursday and I plan on installing it ASAP. For those curious, here is the 411 on the new version...

As always, the forum will be closed for this process and I will keep the downtime to a minimum.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

What?!? vBulletin STILL doesn't sharpen chisels?!? I'm utterly disillusioned...
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Good luck, personally I would wait a few days to see if there is any fallout from the upgrade.

I expect that you are actually going to have to pay for this. For reasons I don't understand I hate PayPal but would gladly stuff a few of my xeroxed two dollar bills into an envelope and mail them off to you if I new where.

Bill

Comment

• Sam Conder
        Woodworker Once More
        • Dec 2002
        • Midway, KY
        • Delta 36-725T2

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
        Good luck, personally I would wait a few days to see if there is any fallout from the upgrade.

I expect that you are actually going to have to pay for this. For reasons I don't understand I hate PayPal but would gladly stuff a few of my xeroxed two dollar bills into an envelope and mail them off to you if I new where.

Bill
        3.8.0 has been in the wild for quite some time, Jelsoft has a pretty aggressive Beta/Release Candidate QA system in place. There are literally hundreds of production web communities that have been running 3.8.0 RC2 for many weeks now.

Regarding alternatives to PayPal, click on the "Find out how you can help" link up in the Fund Drive header and then scroll to the bottom of the resulting page.
        Sam Conder
        BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...