• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

This hurts. Late Feb and we are still nowhere near where we need to be donations wise...

Sam, can we upgrade our level at any time? Say if I am silver and want to go Gold or something?

What about gifting a paid subscription to a member we might know is hitting a rough patch?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dave, if you recall, Sam's wife Adele was having some medical problems, I have assumed Sam is too busy to update the meter, I don't know where it stands but will assume he's got enough to make it to June or Sept thereabouts and if he needs more he'll let us know. Donations thru paypal are still deposited directly into the account, I'm sure, just not recorded on the meter. Everyone who hasn't donated should feel free to do so.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ragswl4
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Winchester, Ca
        • C-Man 22114

Just did this morning via PayPal. Late this year due to a lot of other issues. 2009 did not start well for us (medical stuff). Oh, well its bound to get better. Gotta support the site, best on the net.
        RAGS
        Raggy and Me in San Felipe
        sigpic

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          Dave, if you recall, Sam's wife Adele was having some medical problems, I have assumed Sam is too busy to update the meter, I don't know where it stands but will assume he's got enough to make it to June or Sept thereabouts and if he needs more he'll let us know. Donations thru paypal are still deposited directly into the account, I'm sure, just not recorded on the meter. Everyone who hasn't donated should feel free to do so.
          No, I didn't recall... Ouch.

Sorry Sam...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
            No, I didn't recall... Ouch.

Sorry Sam...
            here

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

I'm sure things are crazy in the Conder Household. I hope they get back to normal soon.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Sam Conder
              Woodworker Once More
              • Dec 2002
              • Midway, KY
              • Delta 36-725T2

Thanks for the nudge, I have updated the progress. I know we will make our goal, we always do. I think the slowness is an indicator of our current financial climate. People give what they can.

The "rub" is that I may have to push the goal up a few hundred dollars or so. Inflation has hit my server company and there is talk about adding some new surcharges to cover the increased energy costs. Additionally, I supplemented the fund drive every year by hosting a few low traffic websites for some folks in my area. So far three of them have decided to cancel their hosting with me. (That's $360 per year in income for the site).

But alas, this is BT3Central.com, the best group of people on the web, and all will work out just fine. It always does.
              Sam Conder
              BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• mikeg
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2006
                • Milton, VT
                • BT3100

I pulled the BT3100 out a couple weeks ago to build some jamb extensions and window sills for the new windows we had put in, 28 in all. I'd forgotten how much I like the saw, I've been sidetracked with other non-wood projects of late. But once I got going with it I logged back into B3Central and was reminded what a great site this is so I sent my donation via Pay Pal yesterday. Money well spent!

mikeg

Comment

• bfrikken
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Michigan, USA.
                  • BT-3100

Small contribution sent.

Comment

Working...