• Show
Clear All
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

The site is moving!!!

I have our new server configured and ready to go. I have been working for the past several night on getting everything ready and I am now set to move.

The new site is going to be REAL nice for us. We have plenty of "legroom" to stretch out in. Also, I was able to get a deal on a much higher end server than I ever imagined we would be able to get. For those interested, we are all by ourselves on:
    • Intel Pentium 4 1.7Ghz
    • 1GB RAM
    • 40GB HD
    • Windows Server 2003 Standard
    • 600GB or data transfer per month

Also, I was able to convert the forum's database from the bloated MS Access database to MySQL. This should speed up searches.

To commemorate this monentous ocassion, and to also help combat the recent unstableness of the site in various screen resolutions, I have also TOTALLY overhauled the site's look once again. I consider it an "enhancement" of our current color sceme, etc. I think everyone will like it. For those of us with H U G E monitors who like to run at 1280x1024 or better, it might take us a while to adjust. But I decided it was the best for the sight as a whole.

I plan on editing the DNS records either late tonight, or sometime tomorrow morning. Right before I do, I will have to lock the forum, download the H U G E MS Access database to the new server, do a little maintainence on it, then shove it into the new MySQL server. Once that is squared away and working, I will then point "www.bt3central.com" to the new server and open the forum back up.

You should immediatly know when you are on the "new" site.

See you on the other side...
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

UPDATE:

The site will be moving tonight (Superbowl Sunday). I will shut it down at 11:00pm Eastern...
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...