• Show
Clear All
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

{BUG STATUS} :: Articles Section not available

PROBLEM: The BT3Central Articles archive is not linked to on the current site.

STATUS: This one is going to be a little more "long term" than most. It is my intent do convert the Article repository over to a new system that not only serves up the existing articles, but also allows members to write new articles online and submit them for approval.

I am currently evaluating third-pary plug-ins to our forum as well as exploring "roll your own" solutions.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison
  • jbalders
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • Vienna, VA, USA.
    • BT3100 + Shopsmith

Would it be possible (easy) to set it up as a static page under http://www.bt3central.com/articles for the time being? That would give you a little more time to find the perfect solution.

Jeff
    Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

No, totally diffferent platform. THe old pages were ASP based and the new forum is PHP. Well, actually I could, but I would have to recode to make it work and don't think it's wise to spen that much time on a "band-aid".
      Sam Conder

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• tfischer
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Please don't hate me for suggesting this, but:

Weren't most of the articles just PDF files with a "fancy interface skin" on top to select them? Couldn't you just throw them in a directory and have them accessible until you get the "new fancy interface skin" developed? Even a simple HTML page which links to each file would be just fine for now... It could be linked to the same way you link to external sites like LeeWay et. all...

-Tim

Comment

• martyl

just put the articles for ftp for now?

do you have an ftp server (or just stick them them in a directory
          with .pdf files for the time being?)

I need to change the belt on my bt3000 and I didn't save the instructions...
          and all links else where point to this site!!

marty

Comment

• kmk
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • .Portland, Oregon
            • BT3100-1

Sam, please post those articles (pdf files) on a ftp server. I for sure need them. Thanks for all the good work!

Comment

• golfeng

Do you have a proposed date for having the articles posted? I was looking for the article on how to make throat plates.

Thx

Comment

• Tom Miller
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • Twin Cities, MN
                • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Until the articles become available on this site, maybe you could post a Request for Article somewhere. Either the original article writer might reply, or someone who has downloaded the article to their computer.

Regards,
                Tom

Comment

• Sam Conder
                  Woodworker Once More
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Midway, KY
                  • Delta 36-725T2

I have created a temporary "band-aid" fix for the articles. You can now access the articles via the "Articles" link up in the navbar or via the "Articles" link on the main page in the Navigation pane.
                  Sam Conder

Comment

• Warren
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Anchorage, Ak
                    • BT3000

Mr. Conder,

You're good, really good! And, I'm not easily impressed. But, I'm impressed enough that as soon as my pension check gets deposited tomorrow evening I'm gonna invest a little in this operation. I say invest because I sure get a lot back.

Thanks!
                    A man without a shillelagh, is a man without an expidient.

Comment

Working...