• Show
Clear All
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

rss feed

Does anyone know where the rss feed button is? I used to have a rss feed from the Bargain Alerts to Google Reader, but Google Reader somehow dropped the feed, and now I can't find a feed button to re-establish it. I sent an inquiry to the webmaster about a week ago, but no response yet?When I look it up on the website, there is a page for 'where can I find a rss feed', but there is no information on that page that I understand on how to actually get a rss feed? The only thing available is to add it to 'my yahoo'? Do I have to start a 'my yahoo' account to get the rss feed now? Has that changed? Then there's something under that about 'forumid's??? I don't have a clue what they're talking about. I don't use 'my yahoo'. Have they made it impossible to get it sent to anywhere except 'My Yahoo'?
    This is the faq page:
    ================================================== ======================
    Where can I find the RSS feed? I clicked on the one for individual forum feeds and it delivers a blank page. Is the link broken??
    The administrator may have enabled RSS syndication, this allows you to view newly created threads in guest viewable forums without visiting the board.

The feeds are currently provided in two formats, RSS and RSS v2. The differences are as follows:

RSS 0.91 - This feed is based on a standard written by netscape and provides a link and the title of the thread.

RSS 2.0 - This feed contains title, author, date and the contents of the first post of the thread.

To add this to MyYahoo click here.

The forums to which this applies can also be limited to specific guest viewable forums by adding another parameter to the URL containing the forumids as follows:
    http://www.bt3central.com/external.p...2&forumids=123 THIS LINK COMES UP WITH A BLANK PAGE??!

If you would like the content to be generated for multiple forums you can separate the forumids by commas
    ================================================== ===============

Every other website I go to has the orange rss button prominently displayed, you click on it, and it gives you half a dozen or more choices of what reader you want to use to get the feed.
    Here, I can't even find the button?!
    Help, anyone?
    Last edited by herb fellows; 09-01-2008, 07:46 AM. Reason: incomplete
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

I subscribed directly through Google Reader - try this:

Comment

• herb fellows
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • New York City
      • bt3100

Thanks

Thanks, Stormdog, I never saw it on Google Readers list before. I used to be able to subscribe only to Bargain Alerts, directly from here, but I guess that feature is gone.
      You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Working...