First... let me say thanks to all those that have stated "don't sweat it" as it means little in reality. As an adult I couldn't agree more and should be treated in that manner. When I first saw the lone star.. I thought nothing of it as I am not very computer saavy and have never opened the little rating thing to see what stars represent.

When I did and saw a lone star is TERRIBLE... my first thought was Why? I have always promoted safety to the maximum that it can be carried out and even over-kill in many cases. I fully promote passing skills that have been accumulated over time through teaching and experience on to those that have just got started. I remember that back in 1972 and the mass amount of information that is available by just a Google search was not available.

Wood-working has been practiced for over 5000 years and skills have been passed down from that time to the present. My 22 year old son at this point has no interest so I pass what little I have learned on these WW forums. I realize I can't take it with me when I turn out the lights in the shop for the last time.

I was not mad or upset when I found out what the lone star meant. But.. I was dis-appointed as I would not expect nor have I seen petty.. romper room mentallity as appears on other forums that may not be suited for the "thin skinned" on this forum. To not face someone and tell them what you think but in lieu stab them in the back from the anonymous safety of behind a keyboard does not meet my requirements of giving respect to someone as a mature man.

I am aware that some may not care for my personality as sometimes personalities clash. But... in a case as such, you act in an adult manner and simply ignore. I am not here to win a personality contest. Nor am I here to solicite votes of praise as can be rated by Stars. I simply come here to pass on what I have learned when I see a question not answered that I may qualify to answer. I also try to take the time to look at all finished products and praise them quality as I can find something good about all of them regardless of over-all quality. I really don't have time for many of the other topics as I spend a majority of my time Wood-working.

Thanks to all those that went back and gave Stars to the thread I started but it was not necessary. It is there to record a project from a pile of wood to a finished and use-able piece. If just one person picks up a clever safety idea or technique from the pictures... I consider it worthwhile. And for those not interested the optiion to ignore is the adult response.

Trust me guys and girls... I could normally care less about recieving Stars as I got one or two before becoming a Sunday School drop-out after having to go to work at age 13 when my father died pre-maturely. I got a few latter that mean more to me than any that could be awarded on a WW forum and a Heart thrown in. They speak of who I am.. and once you know no further Stars are necessary to gain respect.

Regards to all as un-ruly dove-tails in soft-wood await my arrival
Attached Files