• Show
Clear All

• Brian G
    replied
    I vote any finish.

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    its sort of a contest where wood selection is a bit important. Cleverness is important. A better project would utilize the wood grain and appearance to some effect. Being able to cover it with paint sort of defeats that. So I voted for no paint (any finish except paint).

I guess in retrospect that we could allow any finish, but give some definable weight to a project utilizing grain and clever appearance factors.
    Can I change my vote?
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chopnhack
    replied
    If that is the case, I guess anything goes. Whatever helps to make your project look better is ok with me.

Leave a comment:

• Black wallnut
    replied
    Since voting will be by majority using the forums built in polls I am willing to leave rules enforcement to the judgment of the members. If someone is challenged for how they sawed a 2x6 for the end result I'm guessing they will need to prove up or face no votes. I sincerely doubt that finish will play a roll in the votes cast. I do not think it even played a part in the last one.

Leave a comment:

• chopnhack
    replied
    An interesting dilemma... is this for the ability to authenticate that the person really used a 2x6? If that is the case, I would go with clear finish only as my choice. Can you elaborate a little more BW?

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    I think that any finish should be allowed. Heck Plasti-dip the sucker if you want to. Not sure how many votes that would earn ya, but it would be interesting to see!

Leave a comment:

• Black wallnut
    replied
    Shal we put it up to a vote? Last time any finish was acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan
    started a poll Stain/Dye/Finishes?

Stain/Dye/Finishes?

any finish, stain, dye, paint, oil, poly
    81.82%
    only a clear finish
    0.00%
    only paint
    0.00%
    any finsh other than paint
    18.18%
    What's allowed? I can easily see not allowing stains and dyes. How about finishes?
Working...