• Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Pen turning - PSI Trimline in Zebra wood

I hadn't the time recently to make any pens, so decided to do a PSI Trimline with some Zebrano (Zebra wood), and used the little NEJE laser to engrave it. Link below to the video of my process (alert: somewhat long, but I've some added music to ease the pain...) Thanks for watching!
    Bill in Buena Park
  • havighurst
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • Metamora, MI, USA.

I really enjoy your videos. You have a nice presentation style. I am intrigued by the laser engraver after seeing you use it. I will have to learn more about it.
    \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. I'm not in it for the money, as I don't intend to monetize the videos and belabor folks with the ads/commercials*, but just trying to capture and share some of the projects and tinkering I do, as well as show that economical equipment can be used within its reasonable purpose to get projects done. And hope its interesting or useful to some along the way.

* Footnote: Turns out that my use of the "free" Youtube music in this particular video may have resulted in the inclusion of advertising being inserted. Accordingly, I may forgo use of music henceforth.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

Addendum on the little laser engraver:

Here's where I bought mine, now $70 USD I believe: http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-...pp_343187.html

Here are a couple related Youtube videos:

This is a review and setup video for the Neje DK-8-KZ 1000mW laser engraver. This thing is pretty cool, but its tiny. It prints 500 px by 500 px which equate...

Afterthought: Jon (POOLHOUND) bought one of the larger ones (see this post: http://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/dis...laser-engraver). If you are in the market and have the few extra $, it is the more versatile machine. Cheers!
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• havighurst
          Established Member
          • Jun 2004
          • Metamora, MI, USA.

It is now $62, I think I am going to pull the trigger on one. I spent time on IAP and there was a lot of good info (some yours) that would reduce the learning curve.
          \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

Working...