A Couple Christmas Presents

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #1

    A Couple Christmas Presents

    I turned these today for LOMLs son in law and his father.
    The first is Mopani, the second is Kingwood. Both are just under 6" OAL.
    Attached Files
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • 7091
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

    #2
    Good stuff, Dick! I love Kingwood (got some on the lathe right now). The straight cut worked perfect on your stopper. I like to angle-cut it for pens.

    Comment

    • crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • 10627
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

      #3
      Wow those are nice. Do you select the grain to end up like that kingwood did or is that just what it ended up looking like?
      David

      The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

      Comment

      • Whaler
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 3281
        • Sequim, WA, USA.
        • DW746

        #4
        Originally posted by crokett
        Wow those are nice. Do you select the grain to end up like that kingwood did or is that just what it ended up looking like?
        I had an idea of what it might look like and got real lucky.
        Dick

        http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

        Comment

        • chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3779
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

          #5
          Nice, Dick. That second stopper's figure is just perfect on your design!!
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

          Comment

          Working...