I am going down the Ryobi One+ route. What tools should I plan for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Frye
    replied
    Forgot the inflator. Great tool for the garage or the trunk. I also have the 22" hedge trimmer. It works great with all of the bushes I have to trim. The rest of my OPE is Ryobi's 40 volt line. They also work great.
    Last edited by Jim Frye; 01-05-2023, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    replied
    Mine are almost all from the '90s. Take your pick from the picture below. The most used one is the impact driver, probably due to my weakening grip due to advancing age. Second most used is the 3/8" VSR drill. Third would be one of the flashlights. The others get used occasionally, but one other is a really good tool. The caulking gun is a wizard design. It is very precise in product delivery and it automatically pulls the plunger when the trigger is released. It will actually push the plunger through the product tube if you forget to puncture the seal (VOE). I have had none of these tools fail in all the years I've owned them. My first LiOn One+ battery pack lasted 13 years. The demolition saw is a good tool and the right angle drill is very useful in tight spaces. I've only used the rotozip type tool a couple of times, but it worked as well as a corded one. Number 22 rubber crutch tips work as battery post contact covers for outside work.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0EE135CB-0157-4B36-9258-3A202D63B37B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	853473
    Last edited by Jim Frye; 01-05-2023, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Three handier than I thought tools are: Soldering station. I like that I can take it and do things where there is no electricity or would require a looong extension cord:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...3100/305124211

These two are very handy for me and I use them more than I thought I would: 18V crown stapler is easer for me to use than a manual one. Love it. Fixed a lot of upholstery for LOML and for chairs in our church. The 18V glue gun is great too since I am not limited by extension cords. I did some work on my car with this and I didn't have to get an extension cord out.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...P307/316787668

There are dozens of tools and some have different version. These are my "out of the ordinary" battery tools and I am well satisfied with them.

Of course my most used tools are the IMPACT driver (screwdriver) that drives 4 in screws without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• I am going down the Ryobi One+ route. What tools should I plan for?

So I have as you know, or at least I hope you know, decided to take my old Drill Master 18v stuff and send it to the recyclers. There were a couple of reasons for this, no small part though was the Ryobi One+ system tools that seem to be pretty popular.

Since my work is a bit more mixed I am not all woodworking tools here, so far I have...

3/8" VSR drill
    orbital sander
    1/2" hi torque impact wrench
    and...
    10" chainsaw.

I would like to build a cordless tools workstation but don't want to have to redo it.

So the question is. what tools are worth having cordless that I should plan for?
Working...