I am going down the Ryobi One+ route. What tools should I plan for?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbhost
    replied
    Thanks Loring. The second in the list you posted looks like maybe what I want. Although the third that does 2 batteries at the same time is interesting. For now I have 2 single battery chargers. Probably use them as is for now...

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    RYOBI introduces the 18V ONE+ 6-Port Dual Chemistry IntelliPort SUPERCHARGER with USB Port. IntelliPort Technology allows users to maximize battery life while requiring less charging time than standard

Expand your RYOBI 18V ONE+ System with the RYOBI 18V ONE+ 6-Port Fast Charger. With 30% faster charging than P135, this charger decreases downtime significantly. Made with convenience in mind, it can consecutively charge and maintain up to 6 18V ONE+ batteries. This charger includes a 2 Amp USB output allowing users to charge portable electronics. Featuring LED indicator lights, users can easily identify battery charge status. The Energy Save Mode conserves energy when not charging or maintaining batteries. To maximize workspace, the wall mount capability ensures organization at any given point. Best of all, it is part of the RYOBI 18V ONE+ System of over 300 Cordless Products that all work on the same battery platform. This 18V ONE+ 6-Port Fast Charger is backed by the RYOBI 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and includes (1) PCG006 18V ONE+ 6-Port Fast Charger and Operator's Manual. Battery sold separately.

Enter the RYOBI 18V ONE+ System with the 18V ONE+ Dual-Port Simultaneous Charger Starter Kit. With 2X faster charging, this charger decreases downtime significantly. Ensuring convenience, it is compatible

Expand your RYOBI 18V ONE+ System with the RYOBI 18V ONE+ Dual-Port Simultaneous Charger. With 2X faster charging than PCG002, this charger decreases downtime significantly. Ensuring convenience, it is

• dbhost
    replied
    Originally posted by leehljp
    I have the charging station and really like it. There is a feature about it that some don't like but it doesn't bother me: When you load two or three or even 6, it does not charge all at the same Time. It only charges one at a time and then moves on to the next one. Since I have about 15 batteries, (two 6Ah, eight 4Ah, five 2Ah) I never have to wait on one to be charged to use it, SO, I have no problem with the charger just charging one at a time and moving on to the next after one is re-charged. (BTW, I have purchased only 6 batteries over the past 10 years, the rest came with a tool.)
    That is good info to have. There are several multi battery charging stations. Which one do you have?

I'd post links but for some reason Home Depot site doesn't let me do that...

I am between the 6 battery fast charger, or the 6 battery dual chemistry charger. I don't think I need the dual chemistry though. Aren't they all Lithium Ion now?
    Last edited by dbhost; 01-08-2023, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    I have the charging station and really like it. There is a feature about it that some don't like but it doesn't bother me: When you load two or three or even 6, it does not charge all at the same Time. It only charges one at a time and then moves on to the next one. Since I have about 15 batteries, (two 6Ah, eight 4Ah, five 2Ah) I never have to wait on one to be charged to use it, SO, I have no problem with the charger just charging one at a time and moving on to the next after one is re-charged. (BTW, I have purchased only 6 batteries over the past 10 years, the rest came with a tool.)

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    So the herd of batteries. 2 @ 6a/h HP, 2 @ 4a/h HP, 1 @ 2a/h HP, 2 @ 1.5a/h.

The ones under 6 a/h wre all included as part of package deals / sales where the battery and charger being included were actually cheaper than the bare tool. (They screwed up and sent me 2 4a/h batteries instead of 1...)

The 6a/h were bought on Amazon for half the price of Home Depot, sold by Ryobi fulfilled by Amazon so something to think about...

As a refresher, the tools I have so far are...

3/8 VSR driver / drill
    1/2" Hi Torque impact wrench
    5" orbital sander
    10" chainsaw.

I think I am going to go with a battery / charging station, and hang my tools in a method similar to Jim Frye once I figure out HOW...

Leave a comment:

• Brian G
    replied
    I have the 18 ga brad nailer and the 23 ga pin nailer. They have pretty much replaced my old, but durable and still useful Central Pneumatics of the same guage. I don't use nailers often enough to keep the air compressor at the ready. It's handy when I'm making a quick one-off jig or fixture to grab either Ryobi and "kapoink kapoink" a few quick fasteners. Downside of the 18 ga is it's a bit heavy. That's a tradeoff for not having to drag a hose around or have a small portable compressor for projects outside the shop.

I have the blue version of the trim router. A 1/8" radius round over pretty much lives in it, but it's handy for many other simple tasks where a larger, corded router is too bulky.

I'm contemplating one of the hot glue guns and the multi-tool.

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    I have a King Authur Merlin ll 2” angle grinder that I like for small stuff. When I bought it as a set it had a good assortment of grinders and flapper wheels. My favorite were the 2” fiberglass reinforced cut off disks. They were just like the 4 1/2, 5 and 6” disks that I used on my other angle grinders, just smaller. The price for me to replace the larger size disks were .50 to $1. each. I burned through the Merlin ll disks in about 30 seconds each cutting off a 1/4” bolt. No problem, I’ll just order more. STICKER SHOCK, they are $6.49 each. Several years later I still haven’t replaced the 2” disk.

• leehljp
    replied
    Usually most people prefer the biggest of anything, Ryobi has made some things smaller, one being the small sawzall and the other being a cut-off tool as seen here:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...S02K/314003910

I have the small cut-off tool and it sure seemed too small to be used much, but it sure has come in handy for me in many situations. I keep it close by instead of in the shop with all the tools. It has been handy with bolts that are too long, bands, fence fixing, nails sticking out. I have only had it about 6 to 7 months and it has been used far more than I would have thought.

Ever have a good tool and had the thought, should I get the ???? or do I need to get it out to use it just once? Well, this little tool is the handy one, and it is the first thing I think of when I need to cut a bolt or nail off, and small enough to fit in areas that the long battery powered angle grinders can't get into easily. This is one fine compact cut off tool.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    replied
    My shop radio is also a One+ unit. I also have a One+ fan. It gets used a lot too.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    How are those hung? Can you take a closeup pic? It looks like from here you have some sort of wrist straps on them... I think I like the idea of hanging them like that. I can put cupholders under my clamshell cabinets and hang these things if I could figure out how to attach them... Means less fuss with a cordless tool station as well...

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    How are those hung? Can you take a closeup pic? It looks like from here you have some sort of wrist straps on them... I think I like the idea of hanging them like that. I can put cupholders under my clamshell cabinets and hang these things if I could figure out how to attach them... Means less fuss with a cordless tool station as well...

• Condoman44
    replied
    I started with things that were hard for old hands. I replaced my Makita 9V stick crown stapler first, then added a PEX crimp ring tool because the manual one I had was hard to operate in tight spaces, followed that by replacing my Wagner power (D batteries) caulking gun and then added a work light that was a freebie with the batteries. I added the 1 gal sprayer for pretreating the siding before a power wash and it was great to use. Can't imagine what I'll add next?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    commented on 's reply
    almost bought one of these to make into a mower mounted lawn sprayer to apply lawn food. I need a 4 gal. tank and never went through with it.

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh, cordless hedge trimmer! That's good. I hate dragging the extension cord all over the yard! Not going to bother with the inflator. I have a 12v one already for my road tools.
    Last edited by dbhost; 01-06-2023, 04:49 PM.

• twistsol
    replied
    I don't know if this is my most used One+ tool but it is hands down my favorite. Rather than putting weed killer on the entire lawn, I can go out and individually murder dandelions, clover, and other weeds. It's easy to clean and no pumping. 2 gallons is too big for my uses though and I'd buy a 1 gallon or smaller if I were to do it again.

Ryobi One+ Sprayer

Click image for larger version

Name:	77f21bb771784eac91932ada430fc9ae.jpg.png
Views:	378
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	853476

Leave a comment:

Working...