• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Tool Prices !!!

Last year I got a 40 volt cordless snowblower for evaluation. It was listed at HD for $699. I just saw it listed there for $949! 26% increase! Today, a Woodcraft catalog arrived and I couldn't believe the prices for the stationary tools. It appears that anything not made in here has skyrocketed in price.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Festool has an annual price increase that covers most of their products. Typically the prices go up around 5% or so. This year, it is in the 10-12% range, and the guide rails for tracks saws are going up from 28-30%. I'm glad I'm not in need of any new tools at the moment.

Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Yes and I have noticed similar % price increases for HF and Northern Tools too. I look at my tools and am so happy I OWN them already!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by leehljp
        Yes and I have noticed similar % price increases for HF and Northern Tools too. I look at my tools and am so happy I OWN them already!
        I am also glad my shop is fully equipped and I don't need anything to continue my cherished hobby. To quote Zac Brown "I have everything I need and nothing I don't". These price increases have gotten me thinking about replacement costs. My issue is that I didn't buy a great many of my power tools, so replacing them would cost more than usual. A call to our insurance agent got things sorted. Our home insurance policy automatically adjusts for inflation, hence the increase in our premiums lately.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

With the impending price increase, the still going on Christmas sale, free shipping, and no tax from them, I ordered the Wahuda 10" benchtop jointer. I know the benchtop format isn't everyones cup of tea, but for me it is perfect. I am just gobsmacked by how expensive everything is getting though... I have more or less completed my desired upgrades tool wise and found some screaming deals this fall, but only because I jumped when I saw them. I would still love a SawStop 3HP PCS, but... not happening.... I jumped on some stupid good deals on Ryobi One+ cordless, but it still set me back a bit... But then again I included the chain saw, impact wrench etc... not all woodworking stuff.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

When HD first started putting out their Christmas stuff I went ahead and picked up the Ridgid drill driver & impact with 2 batteries combo for about $149. It was about the same price as the bare impact and I figured I better buy it while it was still in stock and before the eBay’ers bought them and split them up for their online sales. Just before Christmas I saw the price reduced to $100. Guess I jumped too quick.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              LCHIEN commented
              Editing a comment
              30 day price adjustment??? or too late? A lot pf places have guaranteed price adjustments to encourage you to buy early rather than wait and take a chance on a price drop.
          Working...