Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

A while back I posted a new branding iron

I got this one from Amazon custom made to my graphic. 2" x 2"
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P4301005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.3 KB ID:	851206

This is what it looks like
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P4301007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	851205

So having already purchased the electric iron the expensive part, I recently ordered one with my Chinese family name about 1.5"
    Here's two test brands. It fits the same iron, just threads on (M8 thread) easily. Just came today.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P6091059.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	851207

The bad thing is that if I want to use both brands I have to heat one up, then wait for it to cool, switch, then heat it up again.
    I've been using about 10 minute heat up time and a similar cooling time. Might be shorter.

All ordered from Amazon seller Arokimi, they are sourced from China. and are delivered in 15 days or so.

improved stand I made:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P4261003.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	851208
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-10-2022, 02:53 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Sounds like you need another electric iron... You've got the brands themselves now...

Since my family name is "Americanized" I wouldn't get a lot of benefit from having that particular addition. However I have been considering getting a wood burning variant of the Amish Heritage Workshop stamp made. I do know I am pretty hit or miss on the Daves Workshop logo as it is pretty complex design wise...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Well, I do feel I have something truly unique here in both brands, not just the design everyone else has but with "your name here".
      Since they can work off any JPG or PNG file, making custom artwork is easy and not all that expensive, maybe get a friend good with art to help And there is a lot of graphics, font's, clip art on the internet to borrow elements of.

For my Texas shaped stamp artwork, I used Google Images, a free font Website, and Microsoft's Paint application that comes installed with Windows.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 06-11-2022, 02:46 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm actually not bad myself, The issue is I didn't take into consideration the tree rings for example as the burn marks are very close together.

I will like redesign mine now that I have the swing of it. Honestly only really needs every other tree ring line removed... I can do that.
    Working...