Time to replace PPE... I need safety glasses and a face shield.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Time to replace PPE... I need safety glasses and a face shield.

The title kind of says it, but here we go. I today broke my last pair of safety glasses, hinges failed, and my face shield works, but the lens is scratched up and I would like a nice clear view of my turnings...

So that brings me back to it. What does everyone recommend for safety glasses and face shields? I got a good 15 years out of the last ones so yeah, durable is good.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

For safety glasses, I just get them at the eye doctor with side shields as my regular glasses. They really don't cost that much more, and I don't ever forget to put them on since I'm basically blind without them.

I bought the Trend AirShield Pro and rarely use it. The battery pack and fan make it balanced if your head is level and you don't really feel the weight. As soon as you look up or down, however, you feel it and it needs to be either tight enough to give you a headache or it moves around.
    Chr's

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
      commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually need an eye exam. Oddly enough, my eyesight started out with an astigmatism, and after 40 when everyone else's eyesight got worse, mine got better. I still need glasses, but it's better.

To the point I don't need, or want prescription lenses in the shop. Only need them driving (distance vision fuzzy...).

The trend is a nice piece of equipment for sure. WIll keep an eye on that. I was thinking more budget friendly though...
  • duramen
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2022

I get by with the cheap safety glasses from Harbor Freight. For a face shield, I use the Uvex Bionic, which is popular, reasonably priced, and sold all over. I wear a face mask underneath the face shield for dust protection (an RZ Mask M2 mesh). It does not interfere with the face shield.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Those are the safety glasses I have been using, or at least very similar...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...