Ryobi 18V Charging Unit - from 12V Auto?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Ryobi 18V Charging Unit - from 12V Auto?

Does anyone know IF - Ryobi makes a charger for the 18V One+ batteries that will work off of a 12V outlet on an automobile/truck?

I need one of those if they do?

They have a couple of inverters that use the 18V batteries to run USB type of charging and other low voltage/amp usages.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

A 100W inverter (probably less will work, get one suited for the charger input rating) and one of your Ryobi chargers will do the trick simply if not particularly efficiently.

Amazon has a few 100-150 W inverters for less than18 bucks and they are small.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-06-2022, 04:54 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Thanks Loring. I was looking to keep it in the Ryobi line-up. I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't, but wasn't sure. What you mentioned is probably what I will do. Thanks.

EDIT IN:
      They DO Make one. P131

HOWEVER, I took your suggestion and looked up some inverters on Amazon. I ordered an overkill 300 watt that will charge USBs also. LOML has a 10 year old laptop that runs well, works on the internet well, is not slow at all, but the power supply does not work except with a small brick 120V plug in. This will do well for her to charge her laptop while on long (6 to 10hr) trips while she tethers her internet surfing through her smart phone. AND I can use it to charge an 18V battery on the go. (I do travel quite a bit - 2000 -2500 miles on average a month.)
      Last edited by leehljp; 02-06-2022, 08:25 PM.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

How about this? It has 120 volt outputs so you could plug a One+ charger into it to charge the 18 volt batteries.

Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...