Shark Guard dumb question. How to change ports?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Shark Guard dumb question. How to change ports?

I had ordered the whatever generation it was SG and additional port, so I have both the 4" and 2.5" ports for the SG. In my cleanup / rearrangement of the shop I found the 4" port in my DC spares. I want to run the big port on it instead of the little one.

It's been years so I just wanted to double check. Do I simply take the side plate off, and slide out / in the port panel and then put the side plate back on?

I could be wrong, but I am figuring especially with the upgrade to 5", the blade guard is REALLY where I want the dust to be picked up from more so than the bottom of the saw...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Basically, yes, you remove the screws around the dust port and slide it out the back.

Documentation Here

If your version is different, give them a call. I've had nothing but superior service from them.
    Chr's

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Nope, that's the right model. Thanks for the link. Done deal!
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...