Testing my makers mark. Be sure you triple check the proofs!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Testing my makers mark. Be sure you triple check the proofs!

So my makers mark came in. Pretty sure I mentioned it that I checked the proofs AGAIN after shipping and found a teensy weensy mistake. Somehow my name was misspelled.

The Etsy maker that did the stamp was more than happy to remake the stamp for me with the right spelling, and the replacement is already made and has shipped.

But for your giggles and a quality check of the actual image, I stamped the errant mark on a cedar cross that used to mark my BILs late cat's burial location in the back yard of the house he lost to his ex wife. We plucked the cross and I am not sure what to do with it now, so stamping seems fitting...

It never occurred to me to check the spelling of my FIRST name. I always see people misspell my last name but this is a first, ever...

Oh well.

Happy with the result kind of. The ink pad she included works but seems a tad dry, so the amishman didn't come out as crisp as I would like. Need to get a refil for the ink pad.

The stamp did come packaged in a nice little protective sack that seems to have enough room for the ink pad as well. I will likely keep them in the office until I am ready to stamp away...

Not sure what to do with the misspelled name stamp though...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Testing a Chrome plugin that allows me to create embeddable links to Google Photos. The regular links are not happy making in forums, and services like imgbb have VERY limited storage and are expensive when you upgrade...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Ohio recently came up with a new license plate design featuring the Wright Brothers flyer towing a banner. The state officials unveiled it with a great public fanfare press release. At that point, several people pointed out that the airplane was depicted backwards, actually flying into the banner rather than towing it. The prison that makes the plates had to shred 35,000 erroneous plates. Another "I cut it off twice and it's still too short" moment. Or your tax dollars at work moment.
      Last edited by Jim Frye; 01-05-2022, 09:05 PM.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Funny thing is I CAREFULLY read the spelling of my family name, it always gets messed up by people. But it NEVER occurred to me someone could possibly misspell David. How is that possible? Well apparently with an S...

I should have caught it, I know, she DID send me a proof to approve, it just never occurred to me to check that part.

On the plus side, the maker / seller had no problem making a new one and sending it out for the cost of shipping....

I may take my exacto knife to the goofed up one and remove the name. Just the shop name and location... Might be good for the wifes projects then...

Comment

• capncarl
          capncarl commented
          Editing a comment
          It may be easier to change your name?
      • atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

What's the Amish guy doing in the picture? Shading his eyes from the sun?

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Looks like the lone ranger or batman.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

He's straightening the brim of his hat...

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

So the corrected stamp arrived today. I sanded down the base of my 2011 2x6 challenge entry clock (The NASA mantle clock) , stamped it, whcih came out as well as can be expected on walnut, and waited for the ink to fully dry. THEN applied latex clear since I have no urethane left as it kind of froze last winter and I haven't replaced it...

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I really should have sanded this clock base bottom down, but the anniversary cross clock for my wife...

Once dry I need to clear this....

Comment

• ballard770
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2016
                  • Washington State
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BADE5F6-1369-4D37-B696-4BB6C989C77F.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	847278 Click image for larger version

Name:	BD635CC2-F5EB-4AD3-9265-16DCC40B8729.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	847279 I found my Makers Mark and a proof check is 90 proof, or 45% alcohol. It might make woodworking in accurate as well as unsafe so it should be reserved for the end of the day and in moderation.

Comment

• capncarl
                    capncarl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    “Relaxants” have no place in the shop while using using dangerous equipment …… but there is no reason you can’t take a nip or two while smearing on a finish or glueing up a piece of fine furniture!
                • dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

LOL. Honestly never had that particular kind of Makers Mark... I sort of forgot it existed.

Not saying I am a teetotaller, but let's just say when my ex and I split, my drinking went up for a brief bit, and then kind of bottomed out, as in I have a fully stocked liquor cabinet, probably better selections than most bars, and I might have 4 drinks a year...

It's not that I am intentionally not drinking. It's just I never think gee I want a (insert name of adult beverage here). Or at least very rarely...

I do cook with the stuff though. JD Black Label, and Dr. Pepper with chunked bell pepper make an awesome sauce for a crock pot roast... Simply put, anywhere the recipe calls for Lee & Perrins, replace it with Jack Daniels and double the quantity and you get the idea. Gives a smokier flavor...

Comment

• capncarl
                    capncarl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lee & Perkins, Jack Daniels / Jack Daniels, Lee & Perkins, I can’t seem t see the difference
                Working...