• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Ryobi WDS1600 Parts

I am in need of this part for my WDS 1600 drum sander. Everywhere I have looked shows it discontinued. Any ideas where I might score one? I'll try EBay later tonight.

Tension Adjust Block WDS1600 [4960018] for Ryobi Lawn Equipments | eReplacement Parts
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Anything that has block in the name sounds like a candidate for making your own out of a carefully cut hunk of wood and then drilling some holes into it.
    If they need threads to be frequently used then put some nutserts or t-nuts into it. If not used frequently or hard, hey you can easily thread wood for 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 threads.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	part_4960018.gif Views:	0 Size:	13.5 KB ID:	845230
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-08-2021, 08:18 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• atgcpaul
      atgcpaul commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure looks like you could approximate this with an L-bracket or maybe some bar stock and a hacksaw.
  • nicer20
    Established Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Dublin, CA
    • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    Anything that has block in the name sounds like a candidate for making your own out of a carefully cut hunk of wood and then drilling some holes into it.
    On that note - made this very rudimentary part by "machining" a block of wood to protect the glass table from the patio umbrella rod.

(Sorry Pappy I know it is digressing from the subject but just sharing it because I used the DP & Belt/Disc Sander in making it. This group helped me make my decision in buying both these tools and just as so many here said, I find myself wondering how I lived without them )

Good luck in you finding your part BTW.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Loring, one of mine broke where the inside screw goes through. (Closest one to the foot) Right now I have it held together with glue but I doubt that is going to work for long. It has a fair amount of tension on it so I don't think wood would work.

Carl, I considered making one from some bar stock but I'm not that sure of my ability to do it. If I don't find one my alternatives are to attempt welding this one (Finding someone with a TIG to do it) or making one from a piece of black Delron I have laying around somewhere.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Pappy
        Loring, one of mine broke where the inside screw goes through. (Closest one to the foot) Right now I have it held together with glue but I doubt that is going to work for long. It has a fair amount of tension on it so I don't think wood would work.

Carl, I considered making one from some bar stock but I'm not that sure of my ability to do it. If I don't find one my alternatives are to attempt welding this one (Finding someone with a TIG to do it) or making one from a piece of black Delron I have laying around somewhere.
        Does the part where the two screw holes are need to be thin to clear other things?
        Can you just make a hardwood block of the same size but tull thickness of the foot and put some long machine screws into it?
        In other words the screwed down part is not thin but as deep as the foot?
        It would be a rectangular block but not an "L" block.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Yes, the block has to be that shape. There is a bolt through a spring in the low area but I might be able to use flat head Allen screws to secure it to the bed. I still think some kind of plastic would be better than wood.

I'll see if I can post a picture later.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

Working...