X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Not really special permission, but airlines COULD restrict them. You are always allowed two batteries up to 100 each. I've never been questioned.

These things would be ridiculous to fly with, they are huge (I'm assuming you know the batteries need to be in carry on, not cargo). They are ruggedized and have useless extra stuff in them. Here's what I carry for travel:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: Added that its rated for as much, but nobody looks twice at it. And it's probably a little over rated. But still a great battery pack for almost nothing.
    Last edited by Carlos; 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Carlos
      Not really special permission, but airlines COULD restrict them. You are always allowed two batteries up to 100 each. I've never been questioned.

These things would be ridiculous to fly with, they are huge (I'm assuming you know the batteries need to be in carry on, not cargo).
      I actually want to use it for its intended purpose--to jump start a car. I'm not going to buy one locally because if they do exist here, they're probably ridiculously priced. We are moving back to the US in a month but then leaving again in August so I can actually go to HF and buy it in person. Our stuff will get shipped by boat but we can also carry stuff on the plane. Maybe the regs to ship by boat are more relaxed. I'll have to check.

I always carry jumper cables in the car but the car batteries here are total garbage and they cost more than my 5 year warranty Costco battery but give me less than 1 year of service. Last weekend when the car wouldn't start, luckily there was a cabbie who stopped to provide a jump. However, at our next place, I'm not sure I want to get stranded.

Comment

• Carlos
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

You should ask your airline or the shipping company. I would guess boats are less concerned, especially if your stuff is in a steel container.

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Looks like this guy got a dud from HF.

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I love 22 minute videos that just show you what you can see in a chart in 15 seconds. What was the point?

My brother had one of the older models from HF and it served him well for years.

Comment

Working...