How much for used Ridgid planer TP1300LS ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

How much for used Ridgid planer TP1300LS ?

I'm going to sell my Ridgid planer TP1300LS because I got the Jet combo during Black Friday. The planer is the gray model before everything went orange. I think it's about 10 years old, but could be older. It works well, I'm not missing any parts, and I have the leg stand kit. There are some dings on the bottom platen where the board slides under as it passes under the blades, but it doesn't affect the performance. The blades are used but not that used, and I also have another set or two of used blades around, too. How much would you sell it for?

Thanks,
    Paul
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

As I recall, the 'orange' tools came in around August 2003. The gray Ridgid line was still in some inventories until spring of 2004 although most at clearance prices. (I bought my 'gray' Ridgid drill press on clearance in November of 2003.)

I bought my 'orange' TP1330LS on when they introduced the so-called upgrade 'three-blade' model. But the new unit didn't have a locking cutter head and many of those models had problems because of that. Without looking up what I paid form my 1330, I think it was around $350.

The TP1330 had an excellent reputation and received great reviews. As far as I know, there is absolutely no difference between the gray and orange TP1300 models and like I said, the replacement model had some cutter head movement problems during operation because of a lack of a head lock. (I believe the later models brought that feature back.)

Bottom line is that I think this a very good thickness planer, and with the minor wear that you describe, I think you could probably get at least $200 for it.

I hope this helps,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

I am a big believer in market based pricing. In your local area there are only so many sellers and potential buyers, its all about supply and demand. Take a look on your local craigslist and see how many other planers are for sale and for what price. If you want it out of your shop quicker to make room, price towards the low end of what you see, if you think yours is orders of magnitude better than the others you see on CL then price higher but be prepared for it to sit around gathering dust for a while.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Generally speaking, if that model is still available, or a comparable is available, when buying tools, I generally will not pay more than 50% of new value for a used tool, specifically a power tool.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...