X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Saw stash

Looks like an interesting dust collection idea from fastcap. They don't have them listed yet on their site but you can email them to order it. I Emailed them to see what the price and dimensions are. If the price is right I'm going to try it out on the table saw and miter saw.

Paul Akers discusses FastCap's new product called the Saw Stache. This product is designed to help you contain the dust on a table saw. It comes in 2-inch ...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I sure wish I had it NOW. Doing some flooring this weekend. Could certainly use it on my miter saw inside instead of having to run outside every time I need a piece cut.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• lrr
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Fort Collins, Colorado
      • Ryobi BT-3100

FastCap makes some very nice products. I bought several of their tape measures at Woodcraft without really paying attention to the brand. Then I kept seeing other products by them and was amazed when I visited their website.

I am tending to use both metric and Imperial in my work, and especially when I cut plywood with my Festool track saw, which comes standard with a metric scale. I really like the FatCap tape measure with both Imperial and metric scales. They also have a flat tape tape measure that can go around curves -- no spring steel feeling in the blade. I do not use it a lot, but there is nothing else like it when I have to measure slightly curved objects.
      Lee

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

That's what my saw looks like! ..........I wish.
        Great stuff, some good ideas. I use the advertisement post card size refrigerator magnets to cover up the saw tilts and pivot hole to keep it sealed up better.
        I hadn't thought about using the miter gauge backwards, that might work well!

Comment

Working...