• Show
Clear All
  • cork58
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Wasilla, AK, USA.
    • BT3000

Bandsaw fence

I'm looking at bandsaw fences, namely the Kreg KMS7200 and the Woodhaven 7280. Both look to be what I'm looking for. Has anyone had any experance with either. I do really like the Woodhaven over the Kreg at this point. Just asking if anyone has used either.

Thanks for your time.
    Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.
  • Lonnie in Orlando
    • May 2003
    • Orlando, FL, USA.
    • BT3000

Hi Cork,

Can't tell you anything about those two BS fences, but in my opinion, my shop made bandsaw fence is better than any fence that I have seen at any price.

Click here for a brief description when it was published in WoodWorker's Journal eZine in June.

Click here for a recent post on BT3Central, which also includes a slide show.

- Lonnie
    OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

the Kreg fence is the old mark Duginske-designed fence. now colored blue for Kreg and sporting a few improvements.
      got one on my 12" Delta, it works fine, I have no experience or knowledge of the woodhaven fence.

looking at the pictures the woodhaven has a rear rail that the Kreg does not. The Kreg has a microadjuster (option) which i find nice to use for fine adjustments of rip widths. Kreg also has available an optional curved resaw fence attachment, but you could probably fit that to the Woodhaven easily.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Try the Universal Pro Grip Fence from Peachtree Woodworking, It fits both of my bandsaws and works well. Look for it under clamps on their website.Under a c-note shipped

Comment

Working...