Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

The original Shopfox you inquired about weight less than the G0444 and has a 1 1/2 HP motor opposed to the 2 HP on the Griz. The Griz has the Shop Fox Classic fence which is not bad. A good fence design is significant over a not so good fence design in daily use. The SF may have the Classic also.. the written word does not state.

My personal view is bigger is better in the long haul which is the case of the 2 HP motor vs the 1 1/2 HP. I also like the kill switch on the Griz a hair more as it is larger which means you have less trouble finding it with your knee in an emergency stop. For that matter... I turn my 5 HP industrial off with my knee all the time. Bigger is better on a kill switch IMO also. Here's a picture of mine that I modified a tad so I don't have any trouble finding it with my knee.. even in poor lighting... ha.. ha...

Good luck...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Cubsfan
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • CO.

Looks like that shopfox model is a newer model. Does anyone happen to know if it has the motor hanging out the back or not?

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

The designation T21853 is just Grizzly's designation of the Shop Fox model W1725. The only thing new is that it's being clearanced through Grizzly instead of the SF dealer network. The new models have riving knives, and is the reason these older models are on sale. The W1725 is essentially the same as the Grizzly G0575, which is just the left tilt version of the Grizzly G0444. It does have the outboard motor.

The SF W1714 is identical to the Grizzly G0444Z.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...