• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

Question about Long term storage - Miter saw

I have a 12" sliding miter saw on a Ridgid folding miter stand. The stand is folded and stored in a corner of my garage. I rarely need to use the 12" since I also have a 10". Can I damage the saw by storing it on its side for a long period of time (a year or more)? The saw is much heavier that my 10", and I was wondering if it will affect the slop due to the hanging weight of the saw.
    ________
    properties in Pattaya
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 06:14 AM.
  • charliex
    • Mar 2004
    • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
    • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

Storing it on it's side shouldn't hurt it. Now if you drop it from a shelf 5 feet up onto a concrete floor it will be damaged. DAMHIKT

Chas

Comment

• PhilofKayDu
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2009
      • Northern Indiana
      • BT3000

I am getting ready to mount my miter saw to a stand. How do you like your Rigid stand? Phil

Comment

• Chris_B
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Cupertino, CA

I have my 10" slider on the newer RIDGID stand, and it works great. I don't have space to have everything (anything?) set-up constantly, and find that I now use the miter saw *much* more frequently than when I had to lift it onto a bench. Set-up now takes just a few minutes. The most time-consuming part is moving my car out of the garage.

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

I wouldn't think storing on its side would do any damage. Just for peace of mind, while on its side, take a measurement for a strut just to add support.

Comment

Working...