X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty
    • Feb 2006
    • Akron, Ohio

13" Ridgid planer...this could be an issue

There seems to be a lot of difficulty and confusion about the replacement blades for the R4330 planer. HD has them listed but they are 'online only'. Lots of folks are saying that the manufacturer is telling them they are out of stock and to order them from HD.
    Every store in my area indicates they do not stock them, acording to the website searches.
    I was seriously considering one of these but now I am not too sure.
    What is even more confusing is that other sources list them at about $24 each but the link on HD shows a pack of 3 for $29.99. Weird!

Anyone able to clear this up?

Salty
    Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?
  • unknown poster
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006

My local HD stocks blades for the 3 blade planer. I look at them everytime I walk down that aisle because I have the 2 blade model and I'm hoping to one day find some more blades. I haven't been to HD in the past month or so, perhaps they stopped carrying them lately.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

What part of online only is confusing? That means order the things from Home Depot's website. Chances are good the rocket scientists in the tool department can't handle orders for replacement knives...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

They're in all the stores around here...3-pack for $29.99.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• catta12
          Established Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Reno, NV
          • BTS20R

I have an R4330 and have had no problem finding replacement blades.

The "Online only" is BS. My local HD always has plenty in stock. Maybe they don't all carry them, but at least some do.

And on a side note, the planer is a good value, especially if you buy it during one of the Ridgid or power tool promo sales. Mine sniped a little out of the box, but aligning the tables fixed that.
          Last edited by catta12; 12-20-2009, 11:56 PM.
          If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

I noticed that they brought the price of the Ryobi AP1301 back to $199.00. For that price it is a real bargain, but at $269.00 it is too close to not wait for the Ridgid to go on sale...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

HD website, isn't quite as bad as Sears, but it isn't always accurate either. I BOUGHT a drill from my local one, that was (haven't checked it in sometime) listed as sold ONLINE ONLY. Two local HD carry it.

If they don't carry it in the store (visual check is the only real proof) you MIGHT be able to order them via customer service.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

This was a much discussed topic over on the Ridgid forum and it still pops up occasionally.

When the R4330 was first introduced the blades were extremely scarce. Apparently Home Depot didn't quite handle it right and gave the 3-blade knives the same SKU# as the 2-blade packs for the Ridgid TP1300. (They are NOT interchangeable.)

However, once recognizing the problem a letter was sent to all stores with instructions to stock the R4330 blades and how to go about ordering them.

Since that time, I believe that most stores carry them in stock and that any store without them is hopefully just temporarily out of stock.

Unless it's changed in the last year, the SKU# I have noted is 673-955 and the Ridgid part product number is AC20501. They are priced at $29.97

The Ridgid TP1300 blades are the same price, but are SKU#358-845 and product number AC8630

I hope this helps,

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Salty
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Akron, Ohio

Thank you all. I was thinking that this may have been a temporary problem.
                  Does anyone know when that 'Sale' may occur again?
                  I found a place that has a refurb but with freight I would still be in the $300 range. I also don't know what kind of warranty I may get from a refurb unit.

Comment

• catta12
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Reno, NV
                    • BTS20R

Originally posted by Salty
                    Thank you all. I was thinking that this may have been a temporary problem.
                    Does anyone know when that 'Sale' may occur again?
                    I found a place that has a refurb but with freight I would still be in the $300 range. I also don't know what kind of warranty I may get from a refurb unit.
                    Right now there is a "Ridgid Friends and Family" rebate available. I have the pdf, but can't find a link. Send me a PM and I can email it to you. The discount is 10% off under $100, 15% off $100-$499, and 20% off $500+. The cutoff is December 31, 2009.

Alan

Comment

• Salty
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Akron, Ohio

PM sent.
                      Thank you.

Comment

• Salty
                        • Feb 2006
                        • Akron, Ohio

Alan.
                        I did a search on that rebate and found this:

Comment

• catta12
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • Reno, NV
                          • BTS20R

Yep, that is the one.

Alan

Comment

• Salty
                            • Feb 2006
                            • Akron, Ohio

I guess I'm going shopping this weekend after all.
                            Hey, I know what I want so why dont I go get my own present.
                            Works for me!

Comment

Working...