• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Freud Made in Italy

Having totally screwed up the post "Freud Going to the Dark Side?" I thought I would post this message. The latest Diablo blades I could find were marked "Made in Italy." The latest Freud blades I could find were also marked "Made in Italy." All the Avanti and Avanti Pro blades that I could find were marked "Made in China" and did not bear the name Freud anywhere. The Freud website states that they have 6 manufacturing facilities in Europe. Hopefully, this will clear up any confusion I caused with my incorrect assumption that Avanti continues to be made by Freud in the "Freud Going to the Dark Side" post. Apparently, Avanti is NO LONGER MADE by Freud.
    Richard
    Richard
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

There are still questions and concerns on that one. For one, The Diablo line, used to be Home Depot (amongst borgs) only, where the Avanti line was Lowe's. Now Lowe's (a few weeks ago, when I was there) was still selling the Italy Avanti blades, when someone posted about the China Avanti in the wood section of Home Depot.

WHO owns Avanti's name now? (start with that question)
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

To make the job of tracking down who owns the Avanti name a little easier you can cross my name off of the search list.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

apparently there's a high dollar bicycle called the Avanti Blade. That complicates searching.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

Originally posted by sweensdv
          To make the job of tracking down who owns the Avanti name a little easier you can cross my name off of the search list.
          Interesting way of phrasing that. You want us to remove you from the list, but you failed to categorically deny owning Avanti.

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

To further complicate matters, "Avanti" in Italian means "in front of." Does this mean their blades are "in front of" all the others?
            Richard
            Last edited by phrog; 10-06-2009, 08:17 AM.
            Richard

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

And lest we forget the Avanti automobile....

In all honesty, I went to my local Home Depot on the way home and double checked. The Freud Diablo blades on the shelves there are still marked Italy...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I'm so confused...I think I'll have to stop buying blades all together, and will just be forced to live with the 25 or so premium blades I have left in the rack.

Arriva Derci.

Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• phrog
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Knottscott
                  I'm so confused...I think I'll have to stop buying blades all together, and will just be forced to live with the 25 or so premium blades I have left in the rack.

Arriva Derci.

If you have THAT MANY blades, you really shouldn't be here on this board. You should be out in the shop working. :-)
                  Richard
                  Richard

Comment

Working...