• Show
Clear All
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Jet F Clamps

Does anyone know why the Jet "F" clamps sold so poorly that Rockler has been selling them at steep discounts? I just picked up 8 for $6 apiece because the grips seem better than my Besseys and Jorgensens.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

I think its just volume economics. They probably got hold of a large batch really cheap and decided to sell them at low margins to get people in the door so they would buy other stuff.

I picked up some 6" and 24" ones and they seem pretty good to me, virtually identical to some Columbian ones I got 3 years ago except with a different finish. The shorter ones work really well (up to 2'), the 3' columbian ones I have tend to bow when you tighten them down.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I picked up a pile of the Jet clamps at the Rocker sale and I'm very happy with them. In fact for my last few glue-ups I have used them extensively along with my Harbor Freight parallels. The short ones have been very useful and are easy to handle. The ones with double fingers really help get them straight the first try.

They do need to be lubed or the threads will start to grind after a few uses.

Comment

Working...