• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annunaki
    • Jan 2008
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

Bt3100 Available for sale at Home Depot

I just got off the phone with "Griffin" at 1-800-435-4654 (press 1 for sales), at which time he informed me that it was available ON LINE ONLY.

Internet Catalog # 100086450

Price = $299.00
    Fl. Tax = $ 20.93
    S&H to N.Fl = $116.90

Total Cost = $436.83

I'll wait and see if the stores start carrying it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Seems to me to be a very strange way to do business.
    Richard
    Richard

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

I wonder if the stores could order it internally, and eliminate the shipping then. That would make it into a viable alternative again.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

IF this is real, and not a database muckup, then HD is piling these things in warehouses prior to getting them out to stores...

I know my local HD tool manager has taken a LOT of grief over the BT3100 being gone from several of my neighbors who had BT3000s and wanted to replace hurricane damaged saws.

I would be surprised to see them return with the BT3100-1 designation though, I would expect them to have a different designation, just to indicate they are a new production run, maybe something like BT3100-2 or BT3100B or something stupid like that...

Oh, and if the stores start carrying them again, I am gonna grab a brand new one and stuff it in my attic until my current one dies...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Sorry guys, but I checked on that one with HD CS a week or two ago. There is ONE in their computer, but it doesn't exist. If you order it, your order will be canceled. He said he would look into getting it out of the system so nobody else would get pissed off.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Hey U.C.

Up until this morning, pulling up the item on Home Depot showed it as an online only item, and out of stock online. Now it shows available for shipping...

This tells me SOMEBODY at Home Depot has updated their inventory level on this into positive territory. If this is a good sign of intelligence in the HD corp offices by reintroducing a popular tool, has yet to be seen.

I doubt with as much chatter as is going on online, here, on Ryobi's own site, etc... that Home Depot would let such a major database flub go so long...

I suspect the item got published prior to actual availability and they didn't want to drop it from the system...

I could be wrong. They might just not have any clue how to work with their website and database...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2007
              • Buena Park, CA
              • CM 21829

On the premise that this might be availalble, and then only through the internet - I put one in my cart, and the cart shows a $116 shipping charge. So that's $415, plus tax. If I didn't already own the 21829, and based on the 21829 rebate going on, I'd probably pass on the BT3100 from HD and order a 21829 for pickup at my local Sears.

Has the accessory kit ($99) remained available all this time? I notice that shows up as well.
              Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I have seen the BT3KIT pretty much constantly, my local HD has one on the shelf...

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2007
                  • Buena Park, CA
                  • CM 21829

Dave,
                  Do you know if the kit sold by HD contains the dual miter-slot table, as depicted? The details on the HD website say 8 items in the kit, doesn't mention it in the text, but shows it in the picture.
                  Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by b0330923
                    Dave,
                    Do you know if the kit sold by HD contains the dual miter-slot table, as depicted? The details on the HD website say 8 items in the kit, doesn't mention it in the text, but shows it in the picture.
                    Let's see. Break it down from the text in their item description...

Item # Item.
                    -------------------------------------------------------
                    #1. Set of casters
                    #2. Dust Bag
                    #3. Dado Throat Plate
                    #4. 2 ZCTPs
                    #5. 1 Miter Clamp
                    #6. Router Mounting Kit
                    #7. 1 Miter Slot table and all mounting hardware.

I guess #4 is actually #4 and #5...

It looks like the miter table is there...

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
                      I could be wrong. They might just not have any clue how to work with their website and database...
                      Bingo... Trust me... It's vaporware.

Comment

• JeffG78
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                        • BT3100

Originally posted by b0330923
                        Dave,
                        Yes, it does. It's the standard Ryobi kit that contains what dbhost stated. I bought a kit when HD had them on sale shortly after all the BT3100s were gone. Personally, I think the kit is worth getting, but I know others disagree. I have the casters installed, I constantly use the accessory table, throat plates, and dual slot table, and I even use the SMT hold down clamp. The bag is useless other than the fitting. I do use the router fences, but I will make my own fence one of these days. If nothing else, you can use the knobs and T-nuts that come are for the router fence.

Comment

• BasementDweller
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2004
                          • PA.
                          • nt3100.001

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                          Bingo... Trust me... It's vaporware.
                          I'd say you're right. I added one to my cart and it "appeared" to work. I then changed the qty to two and it gave me an error and said not available. Seems like a phantom inventory item!
                          Click. . . Hey, turn the lights back on! I'm still down here!
                          http://www.teraflax.com

Comment

• crokett
                            The Full Monte
                            • Jan 2003
                            • Mebane, NC, USA.
                            • Ryobi BT3000

HD shows it as out of stock online, however there is also a review written in January 2009 so apparently they are selling it again.
                            David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• dbhost
                              Slow and steady
                              • Apr 2008
                              • League City, Texas
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Uh READ that review... You might recognize who may have written it...

Comment

Working...