• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

all i can say is that it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Ryobi's product and marketing planning meetings and hear what the heck goes on!
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      i always questioned the fit of the BT3 saws in the Ryobi lineup...presented them with some problems marketing wise. More expensive than usual for Ryobi
      I had the same thoughts about their BS1001SV 10" Band Saw. Reviews heralded it as "feature rich" and well designed...

And to my chagrin, discontinued in the prime of its life. I really wanted on of these, and searched high and low before giving up.

And don't get me started on the AP1300.

Loring's points are strong; seems plausible there was a brand/price issue for a grade of tools from Ryobi that was above the interest of the average DIY BORG shopper. Maybe the product changes were the result of cost cutting (the only sane motive I can imagine for abandoning the superior BS1001SV and AP1300 for their lesser descendants.) And since I believe that the BORG retains exclusivity on Ryobi in the US, they could only remarket through rebranding (as with CM) and not by selling through other retailers - which allowed the BT3100 to survive, while the BS1001SV and AP1300 did not.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• jonmulzer
        • Dec 2007
        • Indianapolis, IN

Originally posted by dbhost
        I wouldn't be at all surprised... I have an AP1301, and like it, but would MUCH rather have the 13" Ridgid with the cutterhead lock, and infeed / outfeed support...

I should specify WHICH Ridgid, I am talking about, the TP1300LS, the R4330 lacks the cutterhead lock, and depth of cut indicator.
        The R4330 has a depth of cut indicator I believe. And supposedly, the design of their elevation adjustment eliminates the need for a cutterhead lock. The last review I read of it said that snipe was virtually non-existent. I could be wrong though......
        "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

Working...