• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Originally posted by drumpriest
    Looks to be left tilt as well, that's a really nice saw, at that price I'd recommend it to just about anyone. I may have considered that over the PM2000 if it were available at the time, nice friendly price point.

Not that I have pm2000 regret, far from it.
    Keith, how about I buy one and trade you for the PM
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• BrazosJake
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Benbrook, TX.
      • Emerson-built Craftsman

Originally posted by cdub101
      I'd be surprised if it is actually $600. But it will probably be dollar for dollar a top value with all the others at 700+. But if it is they will sell a lot of units.
      You're right, it's not $600. It's $599:

My xmas list just got short:-)

If your technique is such that you'd be concerned about breaking a granite table, I'd hate to see what the tops of your cast-iron machines look like.

And, yes, that is a riving knife.

Comment

• Tom Slick
        Veteran Member
        • May 2005
        • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
        • sears BT3 clone

The 1-1/2 hp motor seems a little wimpy but certainly in line for that price range.
        Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Tom Slick
          The 1-1/2 hp motor seems a little wimpy but certainly in line for that price range.
          Yeah, most of the hybrids push the 120v envelope with 1-3/4hp, which may or may not be a noticeable difference. On the plus side, the shorter drive belt should improve power transfer efficiency so it might feel like it's got a little more oomph.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• JSUPreston
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • Montgomery, AL.
            • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Originally posted by Hoover
            Weren't the new table saws being introduced required to have riving knives? The splitter(?) on the Ridgid looks different than the one on the Craftsman.
            From what I read recently in one of the rags, that's for saws being introduced in 2009 for UL certification only...if I remember correctly. Picked up some bad juju from NOLA during Thanksgiving and am still sick.
            "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Jerry Henderson
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2008
              • Colorado
              • Craftsman contractor (for now)

What voltage will it be?

This saw draws 1/2 the amperage as the TS3660, both with a 1 1/2 H.P. motor. The usual way to cut the amperage in half is to double the voltage. I haven't seen the voltage in print yet. Has anyone else? Either way I am very interested in this saw.

Originally posted by Knottscott
              Yeah, most of the hybrids push the 120v envelope with 1-3/4hp, which may or may not be a noticeable difference. On the plus side, the shorter drive belt should improve power transfer efficiency so it might feel like it's got a little more oomph.
              Jerry

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Jerry Henderson
                This saw draws 1/2 the amperage as the TS3660, both with a 1 1/2 H.P. motor. The usual way to cut the amperage in half is to double the voltage. I haven't seen the voltage in print yet. Has anyone else? Either way I am very interested in this saw.
                I'm guessing if that's the stated amperage draw, it's either a typo, an error, or pertains strictly to the 220v rating.
                Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Jerry Henderson
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Nov 2008
                  • Colorado

That is my point exactly. It is a mistake or perhaps this new saw runs on 240 volts. There are a few hybrids that seem to be pushing the limits toward "cabinet" status, the 1 1/2 H.P. rating seems to be the only thing lacking here.

If this new R4511 has a "riving" knife, cabinet mounted trunion, runs on 240 volts, better dust collection and heavier granite top the motor seems to be, possibly, the only thing keeping this from being considered a cabinet saw.

I like the looks of this saw and the specs, as limited as they are yet, make me want to know more. We can hope this saw is as good as it looks to be, if so I want one. This may be a worthy successor to my 43 years old Craftsman contractor saw.

Originally posted by Knottscott
                  I'm guessing if that's the stated amperage draw, it's either a typo, an error, or pertains strictly to the 220v rating.
                  Jerry

Comment

• Jerry Henderson
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2008
                    • Colorado

R4511 availability

I went to my local HD, 70 miles away, again, to check one more time on the R4511. The "Customer Service" dept., and I use the term loosely, didn't know anything about the saw yet. So I gave them the model number, the product number and the sku number. Then she could look it up and said it isn't on order, they weren't expecting to order any and wouldn't special order one in for me at this time.

She also knew nothing about any 10% coupon associated with a Gift Card or a Cashback Rebate. Over all the experience EQUALLED the knowledgable experience I have come to expect from HD.

If I hadn't had good luck with my Ridgid tools and a few occasions where they went out of their way to make things right I would just give up.

I really do want to buy one so I hope they get their act together.

The only discount I can find would be to apply for their credit card, 10%.

Wow that looks like a good use of a Gift Card Purchase with the Cashback rebate. Throw in a 10% coupon and I’d say it’s hands down the best table saw value on the market.

$ 599.00 Price
                    $539.10 10% Coupon
                    $576.84 After tax
                    $ 76.84 Left to pay after $500 gift card
                    $461.84 Amount paid for Gift Card + the amount the Card didn't cover = NET Price
                    Jerry

Comment

• Talance
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Frisco, TX, USA.
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Just and FYI, for anyone near Woodhaven, MI - Someone on Woodnet ordered one and had it shipped to the Woodhaven HD. Seems the store ordered another at the same time and now has it on display.

Comment

• Knottscott
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • Rochester, NY.
                        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

The guy in Woodhaven who owns one has posted some great pics....looks like a winner from everything I've seen.

Comment

• BasementDweller
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2004
                          • PA.
                          • nt3100.001

This looks REALLY cool. At this point I'm considering one. My questions so far are:

1. What is the table distance in front of the blade?
                          2. How long is the arbor, can a full stack fit?
                          3. Does it have the good lifetime Ridgid warranty?

I personally like the idea of a granite top. The motor power doesn't bother me, as I've never had a problem with the BT3 so I don't see how I would with this one.

I'm looking forward to some reviews to start hitting the rags/net.

- BD
                          Click. . . Hey, turn the lights back on! I'm still down here!
                          http://www.teraflax.com

Comment

• cdub101
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jerry Henderson
                            I went to my local HD, 70 miles away, again, to check one more time on the R4511. The "Customer Service" dept., and I use the term loosely, didn't know anything about the saw yet. So I gave them the model number, the product number and the sku number. Then she could look it up and said it isn't on order, they weren't expecting to order any and wouldn't special order one in for me at this time.

She also knew nothing about any 10% coupon associated with a Gift Card or a Cashback Rebate. Over all the experience EQUALLED the knowledgable experience I have come to expect from HD.

If I hadn't had good luck with my Ridgid tools and a few occasions where they went out of their way to make things right I would just give up.

I really do want to buy one so I hope they get their act together.

The only discount I can find would be to apply for their credit card, 10%.

When I had posted that coment it was based on the MS cashback rebate being offered at the time of 30%. if you arene't familiar do a search on "Cashback" Some people were buying gift cards on ebay and getting the rebate from MS on the gift card purchase. If someone was in the market for a table saw they could have bought a $500 gift card for $350ish. You can often request HD or Lowes movers coupons online. And at many post offices. I picked up a lowes coupon a few weeks ago and used it at HD. The coupon at the post office is a crap shoot though. So those discounts mentioned were not standard HD discounts and would have required some planning and a person to buy the gift card upfront and pretty much commit to buying their saw from Home Depot.

Comment

• drumpriest
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2004
                              • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                              • Powermatic PM 2000

I do wonder about granite as a ts surface, why not quartz countertop? Man made, and gets warranted by counter top manufacturers when they won't do so with granite.

This saw seems like a steal to me though, with the life, RK, probably good DC, for the price why wouldn't you buy one?!? As for 1.5 vs 1.75 hp, I guess I don't see that as a big enough win to worry about too much. If you really need more muscle than 1.5, look at a cabinet saw.

If you are in Giant Eagle land, buy 600$ worth of HD gift cards to order it. That'll give you some free gas.
                              Keith Z. Leonard
                              Go Steelers!

Comment

• Jerry Henderson
                                Forum Newbie
                                • Nov 2008
                                • Colorado

When I had posted that coment it was based on the MS cashback rebate being offered at the time of 30%. if you arene't familiar do a search on "Cashback" Some people were buying gift cards on ebay and getting the rebate from MS on the gift card purchase. If someone was in the market for a table saw they could have bought a $500 gift card for $350ish. You can often request HD or Lowes movers coupons online. And at many post offices. I picked up a lowes coupon a few weeks ago and used it at HD. The coupon at the post office is a crap shoot though. So those discounts mentioned were not standard HD discounts and would have required some planning and a person to buy the gift card upfront and pretty much commit to buying their saw from Home Depot.
                                cdub

Thanks for posting back. I got Paypal verified due to the above. The MS cash back offers on either saw I was interested in went away just before that. I have also checked out the 10% discounts available thru either store. The way my luck has gone lately who knows. I hope to get a R4511 soon, in a store to avoid the high freight. I believe things happen for a reason, so I will wait and see. Thanks again.
                                Jerry

Comment

Working...