Ryobi AP1301 planer owners please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ssmith1627
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 704
    • Corryton, TN, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #16
    I thought it was very interesting to see the AP1301 show up in the stores (HD) again lately. Same price as before. How odd is that ?

    For a while there it was not only gone from the stores but if you searched online for AP1300 or AP1301, they didn't even come up as valid items.

    Steve

    Comment

    • lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • 1490
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

      #17
      Good point Loring. It's looking better all the time. Now all I need is to see it on sale and that's going to do it for me. I keep an eye open.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

      Comment

      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • 9561
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #18
        I have an AP1301 that I have been using to plane down some birch that was given to me 8/4 and 8" wide. (cut 4/4 then planed to 3//4" thick). I build s sort of infeed / outfeed system that sits on top of the workbench. It works. No snipe. The machine is a little bit on the loud side. But not near as loud as my routers are...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

        Comment

        • jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • 2638
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

          #19
          If I'm not mistaken, an infeed/outfeed system can be as simple as a long piece of melamine that sits on the bed and extends out both ends for as long as you like. You'll lose some stock height but it can be simple, cheap, effective, and easy to align. I'm considering it for my AP 1300 to cut the snipe down more.

          Comment

          Working...