• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LYU370
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Streamwood, IL.

Woodcraft Clamps

Anyone looked at the Woodcraft clamps? Opinions? Any good? There was just a writeup about them in the last Woodsmith issue supposed to be made by Bessey for Woodcraft and sell for about 20% less. http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5903

Also, what do you think of the Gross Stabil clamps?
    Andy
  • bthere
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Alpharetta, GA

I looked at them when I was in Woodcraft a few weeks ago. They look just like the Besseys except for the color and the finish on the bar. They seemed to operate smoothly and have nice flat faces. I think they are probably a good deal for regular price, but the Bessey clamps to go on sale at Amazon a lot for very good prices.

I saw Gros Stabil clamps while I was there, but didn't look at them closely.

My favorite of the K body clamps is made by Jet. I had the opportunity to pick some up at the Woodworking show several weeks ago and they are better than the Bessey clamps. I particularly like the release trigger so that you don't have to worry about the clamp jaw rocketing down the bar and smashing your hand when you pick it up or turn it the wrong way.

Comment

• Holbren
      • Oct 2004
      • Heathrow, FL.

Those are made by Bessey but in India. Word is Bessey is making the K bodies in India and China now and the parallel jaw clamp ain't always parallel. If you buy them, just check them out when you get home.
      Brian
      Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
      "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
      www.holbren.com

Comment

Working...