• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

2 Stage DC

For those of you using the DC Seperator trash can thing, how do you connect it? Glue fittings to connect the hose up to?

I am very happy with my DC at this point except for emptying bags. I have 2 HP HF DC w/ 1 mic oversized bell shaped shaker felt bag on top and plastic bag on bottom. Plastic bags are filling up way to quick with the new 8" jointer and 15" planer (hidden gloat). My DC is up in the attic of my 10ft ceiling shop thus I have to go up ladder to attic, remove bag, fit it and myself down the ladder, all without spilling. Also putting bags on are a pain but I plan to use some tape next time so that should be easier.

My plan is to run 4-5 foot below ceiling to seperator that will be on a shelf attached to the wall. Then the hose will then go back up to the runs that connect to the machines. Hopefully this extra run will keep the DC from sucking everything out of the can.

Thoughts?
  • dkhoward
    • Dec 2003
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
    • bt3000

I use one of the rockler trash can seperator tops. The hose is what comes with the HF DC accessory kit and I just shoved the hose in the holes. THe fit is tight and I havent had any problems.
    Dennis K Howard
    www.geocities.com/dennishoward
    "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• schak
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2006

I used the cyclone lid from WoodCraft shown below with a 30 gal metal garbage can and it works fairly well. The cyclone lid also has a foam gasket that makes it air tight between the garbage can and the lid. I have the 4" version with the DC hoses connected to the ports on the lid with a couple of hose clamps. It works good; hope this helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	web4310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	779726

Comment

• Popeye
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Woodbine, Ga
        • Grizzly 1023SL

This is how I did mine. The top was on a smaller 35 gallon trash can and worked fine. I just wanted something bigger and deeper. I used all 4" thin wall and you'll note some creative flange sizing.

http://bt3gallery.fhauto.com/view_al...album15&page=1 Pat
        Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• havighurst
          Established Member
          • Jun 2004
          • Metamora, MI, USA.

I also have the woodcraft lid. I bought a couple of their quick connectors and have attached them to the hose that connects to both ports on the lid and the end that goes to the tool. This has worked well for me and allows me flexability if I do not want to use the seperator.
          \"Experience is the toughest teacher. You get the test first and the lesson later.\"

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

That Woodcraft unit sure does look a lot better than the one I bought.

Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a national retail and internet company providing a wide variety of high-quality woodworking and metalworking machinery, power tools, hand tools and accessories. By selling directly to end users we provide the best quality products at the best price to professionals and hobbyists.

I like the connections much better than the Grizzly/Rockler type lid that I have. I guess I could just shove the 4" hoses into the holes.

If I was going back to Muncy I'd return the Grizzly and get one from Woodcraft on the way home.

Thanks

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Hoses slip on to Delta 4" elbows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chip Barrel Lid 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	779727
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

Working...