• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Ignore List...

I added a userid to my ignore list, but it doesn't seem to be working. I still see all of their posts. Could I have done something wrong? Thanks
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

You probably did it correctly. The ignore feature seems to be non functional most of the time. The developers of the software keep fixing it with every release, but it never seems to work. The bug report was marked as fixed with the version released in October last year, but we chose not to implement that version because of a large number of other bugs.

Oddly, the feature works for me in our test environment, but not in our production environment, so every time I test a new version, it is "working". I'll add it to the post upgrade verification list when I do the next software upgrade on March 9th.
    Chr's

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Jim Frye commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the prompt and concise answer. If you have issues with the software programmers lack of testing, you should try dealing with HD's application staff. They broke the picture posting function (among a bunch of other functions) back in September, reinstated in December, but submitted images still won't show on the web pages. The product descriptions are also constantly in error. Thanks again.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

A little off topic, but still dealing with ignore list.
    This post tickled my brain cell and an old memorable moment popped in my mind and I had a good chuckle I wanted to share. I use to lurk a number of boating forums and one absolutely huge site I will not name always had a few trolls that would chime in to a post to show photos of your wife of any number of rude and obnoxious comments. It took a lot for the moderators to ban or remove these comments, so some would post links or instructions on how to add to ignore list after these trolls posted. I thought that was clever, pretty soon their posts disappeared for the sites,

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Jim Frye commented
      Editing a comment
      I was the old Ryobi tool forum administrator for a long time and there would be a fair number trolls and outright blatant violators of the forum rules. The software way back then didn't have any ignore or ban functions, so there were other avenues to deal with them. It was easy to track the ISP address of the offending poster and file a formal complaint with the ISP. Usually, supplying the offending post and the reasons it violated the forum rules was sufficient for the offender disappearing from the site. The real enjoyment came from the offender using a parent's address to post the offending material. One time, a mom actually took the time to post an apology for her child's misbehavior.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002

I just tested this and it still seems to not work on our site. It works fine on our development site.
    Chr's

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Jim Frye commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Appreciate the followup
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002

image upload test