• Show
Clear All
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

Scrolling Problem, IE8??

I downloaded the IE8 Beta yesterday. I know, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, the blocks on the home page and others do not line up. Right now the BT3Central logo is centered and the block below is flush left.

Also, when viewing actual posts, my scroll wheel does not work correctly. It starts to scroll down, then jumps back to the top of the page. I can only scroll down by going to the right of the page.

Is this an IE8 problem? I am not having any problems with other sites I visit.

Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell
  • TheRic
    • Jun 2004
    • West Central Ohio
    • bt3100

Everything is fine on my IE7. I have a feeling it's the IE8 beta. Might just be a check box that needs changed.
    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• scmhogg
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2003
      • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
      • BT3000

Yep. I tried in the IE7 emulation mode, available in the beta IE8, and the problems went away. Now, when IE8 becomes the platform, will we [the BT3 forum] have to change or will they.

Steve
      I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• jonmulzer
        • Dec 2007
        • Indianapolis, IN

Of course we will have to change. Microsoft is always right, have you not learned that by now?
        Last edited by jonmulzer; 03-06-2008, 05:52 PM.
        "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• rnelson0
          Established Member
          • Feb 2008
          • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
          • Firestorm FS2500TS

Yep. I tried in the IE7 emulation mode, available in the beta IE8, and the problems went away. Now, when IE8 becomes the platform, will we [the BT3 forum] have to change or will they.
          The forum works fine in Firefox. Not sure why anyone would use IE these days.

Comment

• catta12
            Established Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Reno, NV
            • BTS20R

Originally posted by rnelson0
            The forum works fine in Firefox. Not sure why anyone would use IE these days.
            I just switched to Firefox yesterday because IE7 screwed up for the last time. I think Firefox is as good or better than IE. Most people use IE because it is already installed.
            If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• rnelson0
              Established Member
              • Feb 2008
              • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
              • Firestorm FS2500TS

Most people use IE because it is already installed.
              Yeah, I'm a nerd, so I guess there's a recognition problem that Firefox has that people like me don't seem to be aware of. Kind of like all these woodworking terms I'm learning about

Comment

Working...